Part 14

Very strong language in this chapter guys and a lot of drama goes down, I hope your ready

I went home straight away after the fight a week ago and I had been avoiding Asher ever since then. I didn't want to do it and my body was practically craving for him after even a few hours of being apart from him, but until I found out who he really was and what 'trouble' he would bring me, I wasn't going to risk it. What that guy told me could of just been for shits and giggles, but did I really want to take the chance? I mean, he did seem...messed up in some way as in when I bring up family or even call him stupid he flips out completely on me. I think I know just the person to ask. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and dialled Ellie's number. Her dad was a policeman who I bet could get me something on Asher. I didn't want to be like an overly attached girlfriend, I just wanted to know what that guy at the fight meant, or if he even meant anything. I heard Ellie's voice through the speaker and put the phone up to my ear quickly.

"Hey El is your dad home?" I asked gently while playing with a lock of soft brown hair between my fingertips. The phone was suddenly passed over to Ellie's dad. "Hey Cat, what can I do for you?" he asked kindly.

"I-I don't know if you can do this or not but would it be possible for you to get a kind of background check on someone for me please?" I said really quickly. What if he said no? Then what was I going to do, I couldn't avoid Asher forever, he was bound to find out sooner or later that I was purposely staying away. There was a pause over the phone before I heard a slight chuckle.

"I think I might be able to do that but it'll only have things like background nothing that should be confidential okay?" I smiled slightly andf replied.

"Thankyou so much! Could you check Asher De Lavonne for me please?" I asked sweetly whilst twiddling my thumbs thinking how he'd react to the person I wanted him to investigate.

"Hrm, I recognise that name, I'll see what I can do. Bye Cat" he finished whilst I returned the gesture and hung up the phone. I tossed my phone gently onto the bed and began pacing the room. What if I didn't like what he found? Would that ruin me and Asher...if there even WAS a me and Asher, he still hadn't asked me to be his girlfriend and I can't work up the courgage to ask him, I mean what if he says no?

A few hours later I heard a knocking at my front door. I sauntered to the door in my pajamas and opened the door to an out of breath Ellie holding a big brown envelope. I raised my eyebrows slightly with a curious look on my face which soon turned to worry as she held it up slightly so I could read the words on the front 'Asher De Lavonne' It read. I snatched it from her hand and stared down at it as though it held to key to my happiness which I guess in a way, it did. Ellie nodded at me slightly with a sympathetic look. I guess her dad told her. In the folder was a single sheet of paper with a frayed newspaper clipping attached. I hesitantly pulled it out of the envelope and my eyes widened to the size of saucers at what was written on the paper. The more I scanned, the more scared and threatened I felt

Murder of gang leader Jonathan Steele. Found at the bottom of a thirty story window.Year in Juevinile detention. Accomplices. Asher De Lavonne. Self-defence. I dropped the paper and the brown envelope apruptly, not wanting to read anymore and lowered myself down to the ground where I sat. I just sat on my doorstep whilst Ellie scooped up the paper to presumably see what the fuss was about. She gasped loudly at what was written and instantly came to me and held me in her arms. Silent tears wracked my body as I shook in fear at what I'd let near me. He was a murderer and I wanted nothing more than to see him locked up, yet I still loved him...I felt like everything he had told me were lies. If he concealed this from me, then what else is he hiding? Is he a rapist? A kidnapper? What else!

"Cat I'm- I...he probably has an explaination for this all you have to do is tal-" She began but I cut her off in a fit of rage.

"AND WHAT! if I upset him I'll probably end up like that man! At the bottom of a fucking thirty story building...Ellie I-I let him touch me and..."I broke down into sobs as I laid onto the floor hugging my body tightly. I felt dirty and unclean. I had slept with a murderer. I sat up suddenly and ran to the bathroom, emptying the days meals into the toilet. I felt a warm hand rubbing my back and I spun around to find Ellie with a clean towel for me to wipe my mouth. I let out a weak smile and hugged her tightly. Tears still leaking out of my puffy red eyes. "E-ellie...If Asher is....what about Xander...?" I whispered lowly my eyes widening in horror again.

"A-actually Cat I-I kind of knew about urm this...Xander told me not long ago a-and I think you shoudl listen to A-Asher it's not how you think it's a big misu-" I cut her off.

"Y-you're siding with murderers? My parents are dead because of people like them! You expect me to 'listen' to them? Are you fucking insane! What did he do to you Ellie, he's brainwashing you!" I screamed loudly and ran off into my bedroom slamming the door behind me. I sobbed into my pillow and yanked my hair. What the fuck was I supposed to do about this?

Ellie's POV

I didn't know that would be in the background check! God I wish I didn't have such a stubborn ass best friend. I knew if she found out she'd act like this and now she hates all of us. She completely misunderstood and if Asher had a minute to explain himself, she'd understand. It wasn't murder... I called Asher on my phone and waited a few rings before he picked up. "Hey Elz what's up?" He said and a small smile broke onto my face from the old nickname but it was soon replaced with a concerned frown.

"Ash...she knows about you and Jonathan, she asked my dad for a background check and If she didn't get it she'd never let it go an- now she thinks you're a murderer and hates all of us" I whispered with a few tears falling out of my eyes. Years worth of friendship and it might all be over, over a stupid mis understanding. I heard a sharp intake of breath over the phone and an agonised cry which tore me up inside. I sighed gently as more tears blurred my vision.

"Ash it...it's okay we can talk to her and..."

"No Ellie it's not fucking okay. The girl I love thinks I'm a fucking murderer, how is it ever going to be okay!" He screamed but the words in my throat halted when I head that word...love. He hasn't used that word on anyone apart from Nolan for years. We both were silent as we realised what he said.

"Ash...We need to fix this..." Then I hung up.

Little bit of a shitty ending guys and I'm sorry for that I'm just struggling with how to write this part. Hopefully my writing quality will increase. Thanks for sticking with me x

Some of you may think that now the book is getting a bit intense but I believe that if this book is going to be a bad boy related book, Asher needs to be an actual bad boy...