Part 16

Wow guys so I've just approached the 800 reads mark and I'm so grateful for that, I now have readers in the U.S, the UK, Nigeria, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Germany and Sweden so thank you so much for that, it kinda means a lot that a small little experiment with my writing got that much attention. I know that amount isn't a lot compared to better books on here but to a young girl, that's a lot!! Thank you again guys and hopefully I can keep up with the updates!

Molly xxx

It had been about three weeks now since the whole thing with Asher, and I hadn't seen him since then. Come to think of it, I haven't seen anyone since, I've been completely alone in my empty lonely house for three weeks thinking about what I did. Never in my life had I felt this alone even after my parents died, because I still had Ellie by my side which was more than I can say now. I got off of the sofa where I had slept last night and rubbed my aching crooked neck. My bed gave me too many memories of Asher, the moments we shared and our little...escapades. I dressed in a old faded pair of black jogging bottoms and a baggy black t-shirt which pretty much summed my entire mood up in one glance...black, empty,mourning, pretty much every negative emotion out there. No makeup was applied to my face at all, not even my typical black flick of eyeliner adorned my face which had become a religion for me now to wear and I slipped on a pair of old scuffed maroon converse that were at least a size too big after a recent toe injury last year. My shoes made up the only semi-colourful part of my outfit believe it or not and I didn't even give a shit, I had no reason to even bother with my appearance, and I wasn't in the mood to bother anyway so the saying 'look good for yourself not others' didn't even apply here. I sighed loudly and dragged my bland rucksack across the wooden floor of the entryway and out of the front door, where I began the arduous and pointless thirty minute walk to my shitty ass school that I really could not care less about.Frankly I couldn't give a shit if it burnt down with me still inside it...okay that was slightly too harsh but I think you get the point...times were rough for me .These walks to school everyday were when I pretty much felt at my worst. I only had myself for company on the silent walk which allowed me to think over what happened even more,and let me tell you I was't great company...I was a downer. I physically had to drag myself down the driveway and onto the adjoining crumbling pavement. My foot caught on a protruding rock and I found myself tumbling to the ground in a giant heap with my bag almost emptying itself out around me. "Fuck sake!" I cursed angrily to myself and began gathering all my things together again. A sharp twang of unexpected pain flooded my senses as I cast my gaze down at my finger with a small lump of glass jutting out of the tip. Small crimson tracks dribbled their way elegantly down my pale fingertips to come to a stop at the base of my hand where a small puddle was forming on my palm. I screamed out in utter frustration as I closed my eyes tightly and plucked the intruding object from the skin. I rubbed my other hand over my face in complete and utter annoyance as I once again continued collecting my belongings, but with greater care this time. I finally reached school twenty minutes later than I should have getting me a late mark in my first lesson. I sat down hurriedly in my place for English and waited patiently. I still had hope in me, that Asher would just walk through the classroom door, sit next to me and just pull that heart stopping grin at me, but sadly all hopes of that were crushed when a tall blonde guy walked into the classroom with a schedule in hand and a slightly confused and concentrating expression on his beautifully sculpted face. He was a gorgeous example of masculinity in general and dare I say it ,but he basically oozed sex appeal, yet he had nothing on Asher at all. Absolutely nothing. Nada.From his face, his hair all the way down to his dress sense...Asher was just...He'd set that metaphorical bar so high it was practically off the chart now and unbeatable by anyone.The guy was cute in his own way and I guess most girls would swoon at the chance to have the cute guy, yet I wasn't like that. I was deeply attracted to my dark, misunderstood and dangerous bad boy, yet I may never have the chance of making him properly mine permanently because of my rashness and my stubbornness. If I had just stopped and listened to what he had to say, would our story have ended differently? Would he have explained things more so I understood? So many questions similar to those were reeling through my thoughts as I contemplated the other possible outcomes and I have to say, most of them were looking a lot better than the outcome I had been 'blessed' with. I was snapped out of my miserable and self- ruining thoughts by my name being called out by Mrs Baker. my head shot up abruptly and I faced the plump cheery teacher with a small fake smile that I had forced onto my glum face.

"Miss Greene could you please attempt to stay with us?" She asked me kindly and took a breath to repeat what she had previously said.

"Alandin, could you please take that seat next to Catelaya for me dear?" I froze slightly. But Asher sat there, why is the new guy sitting here?

"Urm Mrs Baker, Asher sits there and I don't think he'll be too pleas-"I began but Mrs Baker cut me off with a stern head nod which silenced me instantly.

"Miss Greene, Mr De Lavonne has unenrolled from this school and did so around three weeks ago" I froze in horror, unenrolled? As is he left? Well if he doesn't go to school here, does that mean he's moved away? That he's left me never to come back? Now how am I ever going to make it up to him or show him how much he really means to me, and how much I-I lov-? He's gone for good and I'm positive it was all because of me and what I did. I felt my eyes tear up slightly which was the tell tale sign that the dam was soon going to burst and I was going to cry in front of my whole english class. I wiped furiously at my eyes, nodded curtly at Mrs Baker and tried to keep my head down for the rest of the lesson and go unnoticed.