Part 19

very sorry for the long await guys but I'm finally back and writing again. Enjoy!
Molly xx

<FlashBack>

Another hit to the stomach. Another blow to the face. I felt the flesh on my cheek slit open and the scarlet coloured blood start to drip down my bruised face. I stepped back and gazed over my opponent; a tall bruiser with his shoulders almost one metre wide. I felt my blood boil and my heartbeat pound in my head as I dealt one final punch to the jaw, knocking the man off of his feet and onto the floor of the ring. He remained there, not moving for over a minute in a slumped position. The familiar sound of the bell filled my ears and a smile crept onto my face. I was announced winner, I had kept my title! After cleaning up in the bathroom, I headed back out into social area, the spectators gradually filing out of the warehouse, happy with the show I'd put on for them. "Asher?" said a low, gruff voice from behind me. "Do I know you?" I said confidently turning to face a tall broad man with a cold glare covering his features.

"I want to propose a deal, in exchange for cash which I know you need" He smirked as my blood boiled with fury. Who was this man to tell me what I needed! Nolan and I were fine with the prize money from the fights and him working the counter at the local shop, we were only scraping by every month, yet we weren't on the brink of death. Sounds fine if you ask me. I ignored the incompetent man and began to walk away to the apartment I was currently staying at in the shady part of town. It was only down the street. I stomped away angrily from the fighting club and after a while, came up to the front door where I inserted my keys. A hand on my shoulder pulled me out of my daydreaming state and back to reality where I was facing the same guy as before. "Seriously dude, I'm not fucking interested, piss off." I shouted in his face and turned to go up the stairs into my house yet I heard footsteps behind me. If that's how he wanted to play it fine. I turned round and swung my fist brutally into his face and stood there trying to gauge his reaction and pinpoint what he would do in retaliation to the attack. He stood there, his piercing eyes glaring wholeheartedly into my soul as he stood unnervingly still despite the swollen skin on the left side of his face. Then he charged, running forward with blinding speed, catching me unawares. He slammed into my body as I tried to put my arms up defensively on instinct yet I was too late. His body weight hit my side, sending me sprawling on the floor of my apartment and knocking the wind out of my body. I clenched my fists and hooked my hand onto the windowsill of the open window of the room and used it to pull my body back up into a standing position, yet he was coming at me once again with another devastating blow. This time, I threw myself to the right quickly without a second thought, to dodge the oncoming torpedo of a man, clipping my temple on the edge of an old wooden coffee table sending me onto the cold hard floor, darkness invading my senses as my eyes slowly shut and the room spun sickeningly in a nauseating way. Light flooded back to me after an unknown amount of time as I blinked rapidly to banish the blurriness and dizzying illusions my mind was conjuring due to the head injury I had sustained. I took a shaky breath in to try to regain some oxygen as I slowly and grudgingly pulled myself up into a standing position, wincing slowly as another wave of nausea hit me. I dragged myself up and peered out of the window as I gasped. The blood drained from my face and my palms began to sweat as the realization dawned on me that I had just killed a man. There he was, lying in the dark wet back alley below the window a few stories below, in a pool of striking crimson blood that spread out from around the crumpled body of the stranger. The man was unmoving and deathly still as I stared at what I had done. I sunk to my knees on the floor and rocked myself psychopathically as a patient in a mental facility would do. What in the world was I going to do? The police were going to realize he had fallen and I would be a prime suspect in a murder case, I had to do something...

Catelaya's POV *Present Tense*

I gasped as his story progressed, it really was in self-defence and now I felt horrible for accusing him outright of murdering that man. I was lost for words as Asher sat across from me, his eyes shining with regret and sadness. "A-Asher, w-why did you leave me?" I whispered even though the answer was clear to the both of us.

"Minha gata, I didn't want to leave you, believe me, and I never stopped thinking about...the words you said to me before I left. I-I was hurt, I needed to cool off and I-I needed to fix my-" He stopped then as if realizing what he was going to say was not the right thing to say at the moment.
"Minha gata, I-I love you and the whole time I was away I couldn't stop thinking about you and I-should have been more upfront with you but I-I'm not sure if I can trust you after you read my file?" He whispered as unshed tears shone in his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes that I had missed so much over the years he had been gone. I nodded slowly as the words finally sunk in. He couldn't trust me, and what relationship worked if there was no trust in it? It's my fault, and I was never going to stop trying to make it up to Asher until my heart physically gave out or shut down.

"Whatever it takes Asher, I want to make it up to you an-and try to get back to how we were before I screwed it up, Please Asher, I need you. I just got you back and I can't lose you again" I begged as hot salty tears dribbled down my cheeks leaving track marks on my face. Asher's big warm hand swiped over my face tenderly and softly, wiping away my tears as he pulled me into his body. My cheek rested on his chest over his heart as my hands wound into the silky chestnut hair at the nape of his neck. I breathed in his unique manly scent as I snuggled into his body as he muttered in Portuguese to me.

"You, Catelaya Greene, will be the death of me" he muttered with a smirk painted on his lips, the smirk I had missed so much in the time we had been apart. His hands lowered down onto my hips as they stroked the bare skin of my back where my top rode up. His hands slipped down lower, squeezing my behind softly as the long awaited moment happened, and our lips touched together slowly and softly as they moved in sync with each other. I finally had my bad boy back, and I wasn't ever letting him go again.