Part Eight

I'm writing this on my phone, a little hungover, so I apologise if there are a couple more errors than there usually are. I am trying my best. I appreciate every one of you that has taken the time to read this book. Don't forget to maybe vote and comment, let me know your thoughts. Nothing makes me happier than reading your comments.

~~~~~

Chapter Sixteen

That night, after the party, Wayne had come home with a few work associates. Id tried to retire to my room, to stay away from them, but Wayne and A had insisted that I stayed. So, right now, we were all sat in the living room, drinking and talking. "The party went so well, the children loved it!" A exclaimed randomly after receiving a message from someone.

"Thanks to Lillie." The lighter haired gentleman from the party, who's name I now knew as Liam spoke, nodding at me. Liam seemed to be the nicest in the group of them, and he worked with Brett, who wasn't here. Brett Black had gone home early as he had two children apparently.

I smiled at Liam. I liked Liam a lot. Right now there was Wayne and myself, A, Liam, Alexander and Ryan, and another woman called Francesca. Francesca ran the centres with A.

I was learning slowly. "They're all back at the centres with Jamie, she's put them all in the main building until we get back." A says, but she's talking to Francesca.

"We should go now." Fran suggests, rising from the sofa with a soft sigh. Francesca was short with black hair and bright green eyes. Her skin was like a smooth chocolate, her skin looked so soft and well-kept. I know that she is a survivor, all three of the women that run the centres are survivors, but you'd never think she'd been through hell just by looking at her.

I guess it was like that with a lot of women. "I'll drive." Ryan was the next to chirp up, and as he rose to his feet, his eyes locked with mine for a split second, but there was something pooling in those brown eyes. Something I didn't recognise; it looked like hatred and mischief, as if he'd just realised something whilst looking at me.

I didn't look away. I stared at him until he placed his focus onto A again. "See you guys later." A waves herself off, her last lingering look went to me, a sparkle of sorrow there. I smiled at her, and she returned my smile with her own. A confused me.

And then, the three left, leaving myself and Wayne with Alexander and Liam. I looked down at the wine in my cup, and swirled it around, thinking to myself as the men bounced back into conversation.

"So how is Brett?" Alexander's husky voice was the first to keep the conversation moving. His accent was thick and beautiful.

I hear a chuckle from Liam. "He's busier than usual, with his kids and Olivia." He almost purrs the woman's name. My eyes flicker up to look at him as he continued speaking. "Johns daughter is taking care of his kids since Katherine...." He trailed off.

"Have we met Olivia?" Alex asked, changing the conversation from the woman Katherine - who was she? Had she died? Was that Brett's wife?

Liam shook his head. "Nah. He keeps her locked away. Very protective." He leans back into the sofa, swigging his beer. And as that last sentence left his lips, I felt my face heating up, my husband was staring straight at me. My gaze shifted towards Wayne and my whole body grew hot at the sight of him.