three questions {chapter two}

Please vote or comment, it helps me out sm!!
I love y'all thank you for reading<3333

~kayas pov~

I woke up unsure of where I was, but I remembered what happened yesterday. with that redneck asshole shooting me and bringing me here to 'save' me. men these days couldn't be trusted, and I never would, not after what they did to me back at Woodbury. sick bastards that only care to please themselves. my thoughts were interrupted when the door opened. that redneck standing there looking at me, still in the corner. "good, you're awake." he said in a gruff voice. I just nodded. "C'mon' rick wants ta' talk with ye'," he said as he walked out of the room with me following. I took in my surroundings as we walked. an old, well-put-together house, outlooking green pastures of nothing, no walkers even. this place was so untouched it was almost peaceful, but I was still on edge about all these men. having no weapons to defend myself. just like before...

we walked out to an old shead where the redneck tied me up to a chair with duct tape. he started to walk out to leave but stopped at the door and turned to face me, "Daryl by the way." I just looked over way before speaking. "if you guys try to touch me, I will break all your jaws and shove them down your throats, asshole." I said coldly. in reality I was terrified, my biggest nightmares coming back to haunt me. I would not show it to them, I needed to be strong into I got out of there. he paused for a second, almost taken aback about what I had said. "ricks not like that, none of us are like that, ok?" he said as he just looked at me. "ya that's what they said before." I mumbled to myself. "before?" he said confusion plastered all over his face. "none of your business asshole." I said through gridded teeth. he just nodded and walked out locking the door behind him. although I could easily kick it down.

as soon as he left I quickly pulled my hands apart, although it hurt my shoulder it also hurt to have my hands tied up. I set my hands on my lap massaging my wrists.

after about ten or so minutes I heard voices and footsteps approaching me. I couldn't quite make them out but I did hear Daryl say something right before rick opened the door, "just go easy on her, sounds like she's had a rough past. don't ask about it." he said before I heard him leaving. the door then opened and Rick walked in. I looked at your hands and instantly pulled out his handgun. I threw my hands in the air as a peaceful gesture. "easy there Sherif, put down the gun." he looks at my hands noticing they were free already of course with a confused look on his face. "they were hurting my shoulder, ya know if your friend there didn't shoot me, I would have left it on." I said. he just nodded in response and lowered his gun. rick pulled out a chair and sat about five or so feet away from me. "what's your name?" he started. "why the hell should I tell you?" I replied back. he looked me dead in the eye. "if you don't want to rott in here and get your bow back, I recommend you tell me." I sighed and looked at the ground in defeat. "kaya." I mumbled. "how old are you?" he asked "I'm twenty-five or something." I said back. he nodded. "ok, three more questions." "mhm," I said back. "how many walkers have you killed?" he said face cold as a stone. "that's like asking me how many raindrops fell from the sky," I said turning my attention to the figure now standing in the doorway. Daryl.

he smirked at my answer and then leaned against the door frame. and damn he looked hot, how have I never noticed. "ya' gonna answer questions or just stare?" he said which made me snap outa my trance. I turned back to rick and he just chuckled as my face turned ever so slightly red. was I falling for him? no, I just met him, plus, I ain't staying here. "how many people have you killed." I thought for a second, "four." I said coldly starting to feel sad at the thought. "why?" he asked. "one of them was my dad just at the start of this... he- he was.. rude. the other two were turned into those things." I sighed. "and the last guy, did some fucked up things..." I said looking down at the ground. rick just nodded his head and he stood up. "wait here I'm going to talk to Daryl." he said getting up to leave.

I sat there sighing in relief and letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. they didn't do anything, so far...

soon after Daryl walked back in, "c'mon, yer' gonna' meet the rest of the group." he said nodding his head to the way of the door. I stood up and started walking behind him, walking a bit faster to keep up. "that uhh. things you said, to rick. bout' my past... thank you" I said stumbling out the words. "ain't nothin'" he replied. "sorry I shot ya." he said bluntly. I smirked at his comment a bit but quickly brushed it away. "I saw that smirk, craked ye' didn't I?" he said with a chuckle. "no," I said coldly. he didn't reply and just kept walking. "can I have my bow back?" I asked after a moment of silence. "I don't see why not, as long as you don't try anything," he said. he walked over to a tent I assumed was his and stepped inside. I stood there waiting for him, as I waited a guy started to approach me with his gun in hand. he walked up to me and looked me up and down.

"Well, well Daryl brought home a girl?" he said as he put his gun back into his holster. I sighed as I took a deep breath stopping myself from punching his stupid face. "your gun is loaded, and your safety is on dumbass." he frowned at my rudeness and pulled out his gun as he walked away clicking his safety off. Daryl then walked out with my bow and arrows in my pack. he soon then handed me all my guns, knives, and my 2 body holsters. "Damn, the woman you pack heavy," Daryl said as I just nodded following him to the group sitting around the fire. laughing like there weren't flesh-eating monsters everywhere. I even noticed one of them was pregnant. "how can someone bring a baby into this hell of a world." I mumbled to Daryl "don't know, thought the same thing." he said blankly.

a short, brown-haired girl walked up to me, "hey, I'm Maggi." he said smiling warmly. "kaya." I said shaking her hand." then a few other women, an older man named dale, and rick gave me a proper greeting without a gun in my face, along with a young boy who was ricks son, carl he was sweet. most of the others were scared of me, there kinda rude but I don't care. I liked Maggi and Gleen the most, Daryl was nice to me and I was informed by Maggi that he's never nice to people. strange, but he does owe me kindness after shooting me, not to mention leaving that buck for the walkers.

after he introduced me to everyone I set up camp in a tree. they all thought it was weird, but id dint care. I had made it this far sleeping in trees, I'm not going to stop because some group said it was wired. sure as hell ain't sleeping in a tent with Shane. asshole.