nightmares {chapter five}

daryl set my half-sleeping body down on my sleeping bag, I didn't want to sleep, my nightmares were worse than ever. I really wish they would just go away, so I could get one good night's sleep. "goodnight, kay." I heard Daryl say before I fell asleep. I started to fall more and more asleep by the minute before falling into a dream.

"get your ass back here, kaya." the governor screamed as he ripped my shirt off. he pushed me into the cold, concrete floor, taking his belt off. "NO, NO, NO, please. Don't do this please." I cried, pleading for him to stop. he let out a devilish chuckle removing his shirt, soon unbuttoning his pants and pulling them to the ground. he took slow strides over to my naked, small, helpless figure bending down to me and ripping me to my feet. "STOP, please please no." I cried and screamed kicking at him. "get away from me!" I screamed my tears hitting my bare legs. "NOO" I screamed and cried.

"wake up, kaya! KAYA" someone said shaking me away. I jumped up into a sitting position, looking around and seeing Daryl's confused, concerned face staring at me with a hint of sadness. "hey, hey, yer' ok." Daryl said pulling me into a hug. I quickly hugged him back while holding in tears. "are ya' ok?" he said still hugging me into his chest. "y- ya." I studdered out, with a small nod. "do ye' want to talk about it?" he asked letting go of me now that I had calmed down. I had never cried in front of someone since that incident, so I didn't know what he would say to me.

"i- i... no." I sighed. he grunted as he stood up to go back to his bed. after he was in his bed I found myself wanting to tell him, I felt as though I could trust him. I slid out of my bed and made my way over to his. "Daryl..." I said as I kneeled down to him. "ye'?" he said back turning to look at me. "ca- c- can.. i- uhh." I said looking down at the small amount of space in his bed. "yes, comer' kay." he said moving over. I smiled lightly as I made my way into his bed. once I was in his small bed, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to his chest. I gently leaned my head on his chest and listened to the sound of his heartbeat, deciding to tell him something I have never told anyone.

"Daryl..." I trailed off earning a grunt from him; his way of saying "yes". "d-do you know who- the governor is?" I paused for a second before saying his name; the name of the devil, the man who had ruined me, traumatized me, hurt and broke me. "No...?" he's said back confused. "I killed that mother fucker" I said coldly. "What did he do?" Daryl said threw angry, gridded teeth "he- he umm..." I trailed off not wanting to say it. "he raped you?" he asked quickly, with a hint of anger. "ye- yes..." I said back. "that asshole is luck he's dead. I would be in there right now, torturing it's worse than he could Imagine," he said clearly pissed off. i held back tears at the thought of what he did to me.

"it's ok just go to sleep, kay." he sighed trying to calm himself down. "Daryl... thank you," I said wishing I didn't, I knew he didn't care. he was just trying to be nice. "Don't mention it," he said back placing a small kiss on my forehead. my face turned redder than red at that. I quickly buried my face in his chest, inhaling his scent; sweat, dirt, and smoke. he always smelt like that, it was my favorite. i soon fell asleep, nuzzled up, almost on top of Daryl. He comforted me until I fell asleep.