sleep well {chapter twelve}

I stood at the gate, my favorite knife in hand and the rest in their holsters. "you ready?" rick asked about to open the gate. me, Daryl, rick, gleen, t dog, and maggie all nodded in response. rick opened the gate, and we all ran in as Hershel closed the gate. I stabbed a walker, side by side with Daryl, while the rest of the group fought in a group of three, and the others were on the outside of the fence attacking walkers from inside. we fought our way through the walkers, stabbing and shooting them without a fight, until some with armor came out. "shit." I cursed under my breath. Daryl tried to shoot an arrow at it, but it just bounced off.

I tried stabbing a walker with armor, but my knife got stuck in the helmet and didn't make it into the walker's brain. "fuck." I said trying to pull my knife out. Daryl noticed and quickly rushed over to me, he pulled a knife from my leg holster, and stabbed it under the helmet. "thanks," I said quietly. to which he grunted in response. "Daryl." rick yelled as he tackled an armored walker down. daryl quickly ran over and helped rick put a lock on the gate they were all coming from.

we finished off the rest of the walkers and then took a look at all the dead bodies lying on the ground. gleen, maggie, and t dog all started fast walking back to the gate where the rest of the group was. "stop." rick said. gleen stopped and turned to rick with a confused look. "well it looks secure." he almost asked. "we'll have to look at that courtyard over there." Daryl said using the same hand the knife he took from me was in to point at the courtyard. "and that's a civilian." he said pointing to a dead girl on the ground, covered in blood.

[also idk why I laugh at that scene everytime-a/n]

"so the interior could be overrun by walkers from outside the prison?" t dog asked looking around at the group of us. "if there are walls down what are you gonna do? we cant rebuild this whole place." gleen added. "can't risk a blind spot, we have to push in." rick stated turning to walk off. gleen sighed, as the rest of us followed rick.

rick opened the cage-like, metal door and walked in, keeping his gun high and ready. daryl opened a second door with keys he found on a guard, as I held my knife up. it opened revealing another door, this one with bars. it made sense, of course, as we are in a prison. rick went ahead of us, opening it while t dog closed the other door behind us. I stayed close to Daryl, as he was my only friend, and would be the first to save my ass if anything happened.

________________________________________________________________________________

time skip because I don't remember what happens, and there are no videos on youtube.

I sat down on the floor across from the jail cell Hershel is in. Zoned out completely, thinking about all the crazy events that happened today. Between Hershel losing a leg, these prisoners, and daryl ignoring me completely. Everything was so weird all of a sudden. Maybe Daryl was just stressed, maybe he hated me, or maybe he was scared of getting too close just like I am.

I heard Lori, maggie, carol, and beth all talking and trying to make sure Hershel was ok. it was hard to think about anything but Daryl, I wanted him off my mind. I wanted a lot of things that wouldn't happen. I wanted him, I wanted the world back to normal, I wanted to be happy, I wanted everything to be ok. Tears tried to push their way out of my eyes, but I held them in.

Lori and Rick weren't talking anymore, they had both been acting wired toward each other since we left the farm. But they haven't said anything to me, so ill keep my nose out of their business. Daryl is also acting weird again. he wanted me to stay and wouldn't let me leave, but then he ran away from me and acted like he never knew me. There he is again, on my mind. I need to stop caring about him, but ever since that kiss back at the farm, I have been craving more from him. I want no, need his hands on my body.

I jumped up from my spot on the floor, after hearing a loud noise from Hershel's cell. Quickly I ran over but then noticed rick handling whatever was happening. I sighed to myself, then turned to leave. my mind wondered to Daryl as I did so. then boom, I ran straight into his tall figure. speak of the devil. "sorry" I mumbled keeping my head down. he stood at the door of the cell with his arm up leaning on the wall, and the other hand had his crossbow in it. Quickly I turned on my heel, speeding away from him. If he didn't want to talk to me, I won't talk to him.

I made my way down the hall to the cell that I had chosen. as far away from everyone as I could get. as I walk down to my cell I heard footsteps behind me. Assuming it was Daryl I sped up, but so did to person behind me. shit, is it one of the prisoners? I started to get worried about whoever it was, then someone grabbed my shoulder. I grabbed my knife in an instant, turned around, and got ready to attack. But it was just carl, I breathed out a sigh of relief. "Woah, chill out kaya." he said with his hands up. "carl, I'm so sorry. you scared the living shit out of me." I said putting my knife away. "so, why are you following me?" I asked him leaning on the wall.

"Well, you said you are going on a supply run tomorrow... I was wondering if you could get me comic books?" he asked. "of course, I can carl." I smiled, "now, you should get to bed. big day tomorrow." I patted his shoulder before walking away.

I walked into my cell, and took off my boots, along with my shirt. It was really hot out tonight and I couldn't sleep in clothes most of the time. Especially now that I had a room to myself. looking down at the scars on my body from my childhood, I frowned deeply. I wish I was never born sometimes, I mean what was the point of me being born? just to be abused by my dad? is that all my purpose was? a punching bag, that's all I will ever be...

A/N-thank you for reading this new chapter! Also voting or commenting is always helpful! I love y'all have a good day❤️❤️