so he loves me too? {chapter thirteen}

my boots echoed on the dirty floor as I walked threw the quiet prison cell block. it was only dawn yet and I decided to help make breakfast. carol asked me if I wanted to help but I politely declined yesterday, but I have nothing better to do. I didn't get much sleep last night, so I was still tired. "hey!" carol greeted me warmly. "hi." I said blankly. "what's got you so upset." she asked looking me up and down. "it's nothing, just tired." I lied, it was something.

"hun, I was a mom, I know when something is wrong. so, what is it?" she said confidently. with i sigh I leaned on the cold wall of the prison. "it's Daryl..." I started looking around the corner to make sure no one was there. "he.. well, I'm not sure. okay, he acts as if he cares about me one day, then the next he hates me. I mean he hasn't even talked to me ever since we got here." I said letting it all out on carol. "well, Daryl is a confusing man. he doesn't know how to talk or interact with people. but, I know he has his reasons."

"yeah right, he hates me." I stated. "no, I can't tell you much, but, he came and talked to me. about you... just let him come around it's ok." she said will a smile. "Woah woah woah. about me? he what!?" I whisper and yelled at her. "I'm sorry I can't tell you anything," she said handing me a pan full of food for the group. "please carol! this is the best news I have had in years!" I pleaded

"What news?" Daryl asked as he looked me up and down with confusion written all over his face. "nothing" I smiled at him. "yer' actin' wired. what is it?" he replied still confused. "i promise it's nothing." I said handing him a plate of food. "I ain't hungry." he said turning away from me and carol, not before shooting carol a "what the hell" look. carol giggled and then passed me a plate for myself.

After the group ate I began packing for the supply run. I brought my backpack, which had a bottle of water, a granola bar, and some knives. we didn't have much ammo right now, so rick didn't give me a gun. I didn't mind though, I use close combat way more. as I was shoving stuff into my backpack daryl came up to me with a large bag. "what's that for?" I asked him. "I'm comin' with ya'." he said setting it down. "why?"

"Because I want to," he said simply. I replied with a nod then got into the passenger side of the car, letting Daryl drive. he started up the car and we began our way down the dirt roads. "you thought I was going to run away" I said turning to him. "yeah." he said still looking at the road. "why? That's all you think huh? I just want to leave this group because I'm an asshole?" I asked with a scoff. "no, kay, I don't think that" he said turning his head to me. "then what is it that you think of me, Daryl." I asked angrily at him. "I wanted to go alone, not because I want to run away, I would never leave you guys at a time when you need me. I care about that group." I stated turning away from him. "I know, I'm sorry okay? I just don't want ye' to leave." he said focusing back on the road.

"Well it sure seems like it sometimes. you tell me I can't leave, you kiss me back at the farm, then we get here and you have said maybe three words to me. what the hell does that mean??" i scream at him. "kaya-" he started but I cut him off. "no, Daryl, you don't want me to stay, your group needs me and you know it. you don't actually care if I leave, you won't care what happens to me." I said holding back tears. "god damnit kay, I'm in love with ya." he yelled back then slammed on the brakes avoiding a walker. I was still in shock staring at him like he just murdered my family. "w- what?" I asked.

"yes, okay I'm sorry. I just.. im not good at this love stuff. I have never felt like this for someone." he admitted driving into the small town. "me too" I said quietly. "you are?" he asked stopping the car. "yes, Daryl, I was since I met you." I stated simply. "even after I shot you." he laughed making me laugh along. "well, maybe not" I said as we got out of the car. to begin scaveging

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------______________________________after the supply run_________________________________