cold night {chapter four}

the sun was setting and everyone was eating the squirrels I had brought back from hunting. they all sat around the campfire, while I sat on a log a bit away from them all. I looked up from the log to everyone around the fire. my eyes locked on Daryl, who was sitting beside carol cleaning his knives. they all had some wine that dale had taken from the CBC. I was still looking at Daryl dreaming about him, he was so perfect. but he would never know it, he always told himself he was a stupid redneck. even though he wasn't.

"you going to stare at him or talk to him?" maggie appeared behind me making me snap up of my trance. "I'm not starting," I said while looking back at my brother's knife. she hummed in response, coming to sit with me. "what's that, did you make it?" she asked gesturing to my knife, made out of a buck antler and metal blade. "ya, I made it for my brother before all this, he gave it back to me when we got separated..." I trailed off fiddling with the knife. "hmm, you're talented with a lot of things, kaya. I wish you would stay." she sighed getting up to join the rest. "thinking about it.." I said back quietly. "really?" she said turning back to me, I nodded yes. As she walked away to the fire.

I found myself staring at Daryl again once she left, his muscular arms, flexing every time he moved them, his beautiful, icy blue eyes looking around. all of a sudden his eyes locked with mine, and my face turned a bright red color as I quickly looked back down to the ground. after about ten seconds, I looked back up to where he was sitting but he wasn't there. "looking for someone." Daryl's gruff voice sounded beside me as he sat down. "no." I simply said. he grunted "Maggi said your thinking of staying." he almost questioned. "ya, I think I might.." I said back still looking at the ground. he sat there beside me not talking, just cleaning off his arrows. I started to clean off my katana.

as the night grew darker so did the cold breeze, only rick, Shane, Maggi, Gleen, and Dale sat outside, laughing it up and getting drunk. I swore to myself and my brother that I would never drink, my dad did and he was not nice at all when he did. I've gone through so much with my brother, when it comes to alcoholics. we told each other to never do it, no matter how bad it gets. I was so cold, at this point I was done cleaning my katana and my fingerless gloves were not warm enough for this cold night. I let out a small shiver that I couldn't keep in anymore, it was too cold out here. "ye' cold?" Daryl asked from beside me, I nodded in response. all of a sudden Daryl put his arm around my waist pulling me closer to him, I flinched from the sudden touch that I wasn't used to ending in a good way. I felt my stomach get butterflies with that I started to calm down and relax.

I leaned my head slightly on his shoulder and snuggled closer into him, trying to keep warm. he set his head on mine and then I felt his free hand on top of mine, intertwining our fingers. I blushed a deep red color, and he chuckled after he noticed. I laced my fingers with him so he would keep his hand there. Maggi then noticed us and smiled at me, a big warm smile. I was now warmed up by his body heat, and falling tired. I didn't want to move from here though, he was so warm, and calming. I tried to keep my eyes open but found myself drifting in and out of sleep as I leaned more on Daryl.

I slightly woke up when I felt Daryl stand up but I was too tired to care. I then felt his strong arms around me and lifting me up. I gasped to myself I'm shock. I opened my eyes to see I was in fact in his arms, so I let myself fall back asleep.

{UGHHHH this one is so short but whatever}