Chapter Nine

RIVER'S POV

I sat at the hotel's restaurant eating breakfast as I scrolled through the photos of the last few days on my phone. Our simple road trip to Isiolo had turned out to be a five day trip touring the Eastern and North Eastern side of Kenya. We had probably been to a of the counties in Kenya within those days and each had its own charm to it. My favorite was Meru. It was such a beautiful county with amazing landscape, views, wildlife and home to the tallest mountain in Kenya. We had spent a whole day there as compared to some other counties where we mostly just drove through.

Dean hadn't let us stay too long in North Eastern Kenya because of security purposes but still it was a wonderful place to visit. It was part of the driest region in Kenya but it had its own beauty to it too.

I came across a picture of Dean and I wearing keffiyeh, matching scarves as we rode camels in Chalbi dessert making me laugh to myself.

Dean had been so skeptical to ride a camel but once he saw how fun it was he was all in

We had really managed to test the Land Rover's roadworthiness by putting it through all weather conditions. Dean had picked the right car for us because it served us well never failing once. I was most impressed when we had been able to drive through dunes at Chalbi without getting stuck. It had been an amazing five day trip and I was still reeling from the joys of it all.

"Good morning Miss Anderson."Dishan greeted interrupting my gushing session.

I didn't care how much Dean hated photos, the man was photogenic.

"Good morning Dishan."I replied setting my phone down respectfully.

"May I?"He requested motioning to the extra seat across from me.

"Yes please."I invited happy to have some company.

"Thank you. How are you this morning?"He inquired.

"Sore."I groaned feeling all the knots in my body tighten.

"I thought as much. A five day car trip will do that to you."Dishan consoled.

We had been sleeping in motels for most of the nights but I didn't enjoy that part of the trip much.

"You're right but it was so worth it."I replied with a smile.

"You should take advantage of our spa then, I'm sure they'll be able to help you relax and get back to your normal self."Dishan suggested.

"You guys have a spa?"I choked out in surprise.

"Yes Miss Anderson we have a spa, a gym, a nail salon, a hair salon, a barber shop and a mini mart."Dishan listed out.

"I'm so sorry. How was I not aware of this?"

"It's okay, now you do know and everything is at your disposal."Dishan invited.

"Thank you so much, I think a massage will do me good."I said happily the thought of getting my body worked on giving me immense joy.