Chapter Eleven

RIVER'S POV

"You know I should charge you extra for this!"Dean groaned shifting me on his back.

"That's okay, I can afford it. Now pick up your pace horsie it's gonna get dark soon."I demanded tugging at his hair.

"This is how colonialism started."Dean bit out.

"First of all the USA did nothing to Kenya, that was all the Brits."I defended.

"You're still white aren't you?"Dean asked.

"Yes but I'm Italian not British, there's a difference."I argued.

Dean didn't bother saying another word to me so I took that as a victory.

The reason he was being such a sour puss is because I was forcing him to give me a piggy back ride. In my defense it was his fault in the first place. He is the one who had taken me hiking. Sure I'd asked for it but he had taken me too far and halfway back my legs had failed on me. Dean's only choice was to carry me back because he couldn't as well leave me there.

"Look, a pretty bird."I commented pointing at the winged fellows perched on a tree branch.

"Glad you're having a blast back there. I'll need a massage and a whole week off after this."Dean demanded.

"It's Friday so you can have the weekend off, we don't have to do anything tomorrow."I replied.

"I'll take the offer but don't think you're getting out of tomorrow's plans that easily. We are still going clubbing."Dean declared.

He was being so bossy. I should have found it irritating especially as someone who hated being told what to do after growing up with an extremely controlling father. Instead it was a turn on for me and I nearly keeled at his gruff dominating voice.

After telling Dean that I didn't get to properly celebrate my twenty first birthday, he had made it his mission to make up for it. It was a sweet thing for him to do but no matter how many times I protested, he still wouldn't budge. We were going clubbing the following night and there was nothing I could do about it.

I lay my head on Dean's shoulder my arms wrapped around his broad chest. I was not heavy and Dean was well built enough to manage my weight so I knew he was okay otherwise I wouldn't have made him carry me all the way back. His hands held me securely against him and I couldn't help but enjoy the feeling or our bodies pressed against each other.

It was a bad idea to let my lust for Dean grow especially when I knew nothing but heartbreak would come of it but I couldn't help myself. It was impossible not to be attracted to Dean. As someone who spent every waking moment with him and knew that his insides matched his outsides, it was difficult not to be attracted to him. I just had to be more careful because as long as I didn't act on my feelings I would be safe.

"Get down, we're here."Dean demanded as the parking lot came to sight.

"Just as I was beginning to enjoy it."I teased jumping off his back.

"My back was ready to give out, I should stop feeding you."Dean retorted.

"You wouldn't dare."I gritted out.

"Calm down tiger and get in the car. I need to get you back to the hotel and me a much needed rest."He requested.

He unlocked the car and without another word ushered me into the passenger seat. Being the designated passenger princess was growing on me especially with Dean as my driver.

We had spent the whole day at Karura, bike riding, bird watching, taking lots of photos and finally hiking when my legs had eventually given out.

"Thank you for today Dean, I loved it."I said to him on the drive back.