Chapter Forty Five

RIVER'S POV

"Dean baby can you please help me carry that fruit tray outside?" I called out to my husband who was busy playing video games with his best friend in the living room.

"In a minute waridi, I'm about to blow this fucker up to oblivion." Dean yelled back.

"You wish." Dishan scoffed.

They looked like kids fighting over a stupid video game but I had done the mistake of saying those exact words to them a couple of weeks ago and I had learnt my lesson the hard way. Knowing Dean was too caught up in the game to actually help me, I decided to do it myself. At least Demi was there to help out. And by help out I meant she was eating the food but according to her she was 'testing it to see if it was fit for the guests'.

"Demi don't eat that. You'll be full before the guests get here." I scolded when she started up on the cinnamon rolls.

"But it's all so good, I can't help myself." She defended grinning at me her mouth covered in sugar and crumbs.

"You know what, eat it all. I don't care." I huffed with a shrug picking up a tray and carrying it outside.

I laid it out with the rest of the food I had worked so hard in preparing. Everything looked good, as it should have because I had been working so hard since dawn to prepare it. I still had a lot to do so I did not dilly much. It would have been faster if I had help but the boys were occupied with gaming and Demi seemed keen on filling up on as much as she could.

Without their help I managed to finish with the spread making sure everything was good and aesthetic.

"I'm here. Hey what happened? I though you needed me." Dean asked walking into the kitchen.

"An hour ago, I'm good now." I replied as I began cleaning up the mess I had made in the kitchen.

"Do you need help with anything else?" Dean inquired.

"No. I'm good. You can go back to playing." I answered.

"What's the need? He'll just lose to me again." Dishan teased joining us.

"Ha! You wish, I let you win. I felt sorry for you." Dean retorted.

"Yeah, because that's you, Saint Dean." Dishan mocked.

"I am, tell him babe." Dean said trying to pull me into their debate.

All he got from me was an eyeroll. I was not making the mistake of getting in between them over who was the better gamer.

"Dishan is better." Demi declared her mouth stuffed with a sandwich.

"That's my girl." Dishan grinned.

"Come on babe, support your man here." Dean pleaded walking towards me.

He tried touching me but I stepped back before he could. He looked at me puzzled trying again but I only moved back further.

"Is something wrong? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, everything is perfect. Guys I need to clean the kitchen so please excuse me. Demi stop leaving crumbs everywhere." I scolded.

They all snapped their heads at me probably surprised by my outburst.

"Sorry." Demi apologized ruffling her shirt but that only caused more crumbs to fall on the floor.

"Waridi what's wrong? And don't say nothing. It's clear that something is wrong." Dean asked.

His question snapped the little bit of restraint I was holding onto and I couldn't do it anymore.