9

~Spotify Song Choice for Chapter 5: Pretty Little Birds - SZA, Isaiah Rashad (Playlist can be found by typing the book title into Spotify or by using the attached link to this chapter

~Spotify Song Choice for Chapter 5: Pretty Little Birds - SZA, Isaiah Rashad (Playlist can be found by typing the book title into Spotify or by using the attached link to this chapter.)~

My heart dropped when who I'm assuming to be the Old Advisor rounded the corner and stopped in front of Raphael and I. He held his hand out, waiting for me to put the note in his hand. I gripped the paper behind my back even tighter. 

"Well?" The Advisor asks. 

I'm frozen as I look anywhere but at his outstretched hand. Soon I feel Rahpael grab my arm and pull me behind him. 

"Is it true you guys banned Alai from seeing me?" Raphael asks the advisor. I'm confused as he already knew the answer to that but it soon dawns on me that he is just distracting the Advisor. I quickly shove the note into my top clothing and in my bra holster. 

"You already know you and Alai are forbidden from seeing each other? Now back to the matter at hand." The Advisor says gently pushing Raphael aside and coming face to face with me.

"Where is this note I heard you guys talking about?" The Advisor asks. I look at Raphael quickly and he just shrugs. I look back to the Advisor who is watching Raphael and I's interaction. After a few moments of awkward silence, I opt to tell the truth. The truth has gotten me this far so here goes nothing.

"I can't give you the note. It's classified information for the commander only." I say with my heart pounding in my chest. I hope that my nervousness doesn't show so easily.

"So you, a lowly ranked youth soldier are holding onto classified information on behalf of the Commander and that I, the Advisor to the Commander and King, can not see." The Advisor says in disbelief. I nod yes, scared that my voice might fail me. 

The Advisor takes another step but Raphael extends his hand out to stop him. "She has the Crown's Prince crest around her neck. She shouldn't need more proof than that."

The Advisor looks towards the pendant around my neck and his mouth goes agape. "It seems so. I shall take my leave and bid you goodbye."

Once we are sure The Old Advisor is out of ear range, we both take a sigh of relief.