Chapter 20: Threatening a Hell Lord

This particular morning had been a little awkward. At first, Gaea was in the living room. Then, all of a sudden, she sleep-walked to her Son and Daughter-In-Law's bedroom. Hopefully this morning won't get worse. This is just bad enough for her.

Gaea then let out a tired sigh as she got up from the bed. She sees that it's still early in the morning. Luckily, it's Saturday, so the kids don't go to school. Or are they homeschool? Gaea felt that it would be more reasonable for her grandchildren to be homeschooled. So no one else gets hurt.

Gaea then looked back to see MJ right in the bed, still sleeping. Her eyes widened as an awkward silence filled the air.

Gaea: I hope I didn't get laid with her. Sure, I don't do sexual preference, but that doesn't seem right for me to have sex with my mortal Daughter-In-Law.

Gaea then sniffed the room to see any signs of sexual odor. Luckily, there's none. And there's no wet spots on the bed either. Gaea sighed in relief.

Gaea: Phew, at least that wasn't the case at all. Well, time to fix some breakfast. Especially for my Daughter-in-law and grandchildren.

The Elder Goddess of Earth then quietly walked towards the door to the backyard. She then sees a familiar man.

Mephisto.

This made Gaea let out a mental groan of annoyance.

What does that stupid Hell Lord want this time?!

Gaea then asked Mephisto with annoyance in her voice.

Gaea: What do you want, Mephisto?

Mephisto simply answered the Elder Goddess of Earth.

Mephisto: Oh nothing much. Just looking at the Parker family. Quite "lovely", wouldn't you say?

Gaea clenched her hands, forming fists as she gritted her teeth in anger. She then walked slowly but intimidatingly towards the Hell Lord. Once she got close enough, she then said to Mephisto with a threatening whisper.

Gaea: If you lay your hands, or even get close to them, you will not like how this ends.

Mephisto simply scoffed at the Great Mother as he then asked her. His arrogance bleeds through with his words.

Mephisto: Really? And how do you intend to stop me?

Gaea simply moves to the left side for a short moment before she speaks to the Hell Lord. There is a sudden flicker of fire on her eyes, as though she was trying to intimidate Mephisto.

Gaea: Look into my eyes.

Gaea took a few steps towards Mephisto, causing said Hell Lord to step back.

Gaea: You tell me.

There was a moment of silence, the tension ever so felt as both tense their physiques, readying for a fight.

A fight between an Elder Goddess and a Hell Lord.

But that fight never came to fruition as Gaea took a short glance at the cane. And then, surprisingly, Mephisto dropped the cane. He then points a shaking finger at Gaea.

Mephisto: You really are an unpleasant woman.

Gaea snarled at the Hell Lord.

Gaea: Says you, Mephistopheles. Now then, get the hell away from MY grandchildren and my Daughter-in-law. Or else, you're not gonna like what I might do to you if you do anything to them.

Mephisto sneered at the Elder Goddess of Earth as he disappeared along with his cane. Gaea huffed, having no regrets about the threat she made to the Hell Lord. She knows the bastard will come for them. But, as long as she's around, that will never happen. Just like with those petty Anti-Mutant groups like the so-called "Purifiers" and "Church of Humanity".

Gaea narrowed her eyes at the ground. She can feel the Hell Lords' anger and fear.

Gaea: Even beings like him and me have our limits. In fact, everyone does.

Gaea then walked back inside the house, ready to meet her grandchildren.

She would love to play with them.

A/N: Sorry that it's not much, but it's better than nothing.

A/N: Again, some chapters will be shorter and longer than others.

A/N: If you get the reference, raise your hand ✋.

A/N: Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave a comment and vote. See ya 👋!