Lady of love - Part 3 - Elrond x Reader

Elrond looked at himself in the mirror. The sun outside had begun to set; the warm hues of red and orange bathing him in a soft glow as he made sure that his outfit was just right. For this evening, he had to look at his best. This evening he had to be the only one that she would see. The only one that she would want to see.

As he and the Mirkwood princess had made their way around his realm earlier that day, the half-elven lord had been more than happy to answer the lady's numerous questions about his home. Taking pride in showing her the waterfalls and the gardens; but more, he had taken pride in having the beautiful elleth on his arm, the eyes of every ellon and elleth that they passed, watching the pair. Watching the lady. Elrond sure that even his breathtaking realm, paled when compared to younger sister of the King of Mirkwood. Elrond also sure that despite the fact that they had only been in one another's presence for a short time, he was already having feelings for the lady of the woods. Feelings that he had not had since he had met his wife. And tonight, he would see if those feelings continued. He would see if in fact, they might even grow.

Before she had even stepped foot in Imladris, Elrond had organised for a celebration to welcome the princess to his realm. To introduce the lady to the others that lived in the Last Homely House East of the Sea, the lord happy at the notion that he would be the one to accompany the mysterious elleth. But now, now he found that he wanted to be the only one to accompany the lady ever again. That he wanted her to find herself on no others arm but his. That perhaps, if she came to love his realm as much as he did, she might come to love him too, and never want to leave him or Imladris again. So, he wanted to make the best impression possible. He wanted to show her that there was more for her there, than there was for her in Mirkwood.

"My lord..........you called for me...........?" A voice came. The soft tone pushing the thoughts of the lady's face from his mind for a moment. A small smile pulling at Elrond's lips, as he saw the face of his equerry appear around the door.

"Yes, Lindir. I want you to take my place in the great garden with my guests, as I wish to escort the princess (Y/n) to the celebration personally." Elrond informed the dark haired ellon. Lindir quite taken aback by his lord's request. Normally, the Lord would wait with the others that were attending any festivity, the lady that would be accompanying him, brough to the celebration and introduced before she joined the ruler of Imladris. So, this, this was quite the break with tradition. It may even cause quite a stir; but it was obvious that the half-elven had his reasons for doing this, and as far as Lindir could see, the princess was reason enough to break any tradition for. That Elrond wished to be the first one to see the lady of Mirkwood. To have her be the first to see him.

"As you wish, my lord................." Lindir agreed, bowing respectfully, before leaving the lord to his last minute preparations. The equerry slowly making his way back down the corridor in the direction of the gardens. Wondering what those present would have to say.

                                                        >>----------------------------------<<

The lady sighed happily, as she looked out of her window. Elrond had informed her that this was one of the most beautiful rooms. That its view over his realm was even better than the one that he had from his own apartments, and from the moment that she had seen it, she had felt as though she were home. That she never wanted to leave. It was true to say that she loved Mirkwood as much as her brother did. It was her home, the only one that she had ever really known. But Imladris was making her think, was making her feel things that she had never really felt before. Or.........perhaps it was not the beautiful realm that surrounded her that was doing those things. Perhaps it was the ruler that was having the effect.

She could remember Mirkwood as it had been. Could remember her brother before the loss of his bride, before his disfigurement by dragon fire. Before his argument with the dwarves about the Lasgalen gems. Yet as the years had passed, as the power of the necromancer had grown, the evil of the creatures that stalked the dark corners of her beloved home had seemed to become stronger, it had all become a little too dark for her. Too cold and unfeeling, just like her brother. And that, that had begun to drain the life from her. To take all the love from her heart and light from her life, and that was something that she would not allow. So, to be here in a realm that seemed to be filled with nothing but light and happiness, was just what she needed.

Slowly she moved back into the room, the lady viewing herself in the long, ornate mirror that stood majestically in the middle of the room. She was determined to look at her best. She wanted to impress those present at the evening's celebrations. But most of all, she wanted him to notice her. To be the only one that Elrond would look at. The princess of the dark wood taking a deep breath and brushing her hands over the skirt of her long gown, before calling out to whoever had just knocked at the door. A delicate smile gracing her finely formed features, as the door opened, and there stood the lord of Imladris himself.

                                                            >>---------------------------------<<

Elrond slowly pushed on the door, as he heard the dulcet tone of the lady's voice bid him enter. His heart in his mouth, as the ingress opened to reveal the elleth. The lord of Imladris determining at that moment to never let her leave his home..................or him.