Wings - Part 1 - Thorin x Company x Reader

I have so many requests to be getting on with, but this got in my head, and I had to write it so I can move on to everything else. I know some of you might be sick of Thorin, but I just can't help myself. I hope you enjoy.

Eagles................not a single one of the company could believe that they were on the backs of giant eagles. Moments before they had all been dangling from a tree surrounded by fire, watching helplessly as a large orc was about to cut Thorin's head from his body. Watching in disbelief as their hobbit burglar had thrown himself at said orc. Bilbo killing the odious creature, before standing in front of the defiler himself, as the would be King under the Mountain lay lifeless and defenseless. Then some of them had been able to join the fray, doing all they could to not only help Bilbo, but defend their fallen leader. The air filling with cries and the sounds of clashing swords, as the dwarves fought with their usual bravery. Yet it was what happened next that truly amazed them, as Azog and his pale mount made their way towards a prone Bilbo, giant eagles few in, grasping the orc and their wargs in their claws, before throwing them from the side of the cliffs. One great bird carefully taking the unconscious Thorin between its talons, before flying away. Bilbo, the dwarves' eyes widening, as what looked like a person, what looked like a female with wings, knocked the great white orc from his warg, before they too were taken by the birds and flown into the night sky.

They had flown until the sun had risen anew over the horizon. The Company looking between the still seemingly lifeless Thorin and the creature that all the birds followed. Their feathered rescuers, the female, flying effortlessly, high above the craggy cliffs, high above the lush green valleys and mountains; and high above even the clouds, until finally, one by one, they were lowered to the peak. Gandalf racing over to the prone form of Thorin, as the others dismounted their saviours. The wizard muttering a soft incantation, and beathing a sigh of relief as the son of Thráin opened his eyes and enquired after Bilbo. The others cheering as Thorin embraced the hobbit and apologised for ever doubting him. All of them watching as the birds flew away; yet Gandalf continued to look forward, smiling at the beautiful, winged creature that had just landed atop the rocky eyot of the Carrock

"Thank you................." Gandalf said. The other turning to see whom the wizard was talking to.

"You called, and we answered. It is always my pleasure to help the Maia, especially you............ Incánus. My children have brought you as far as we can. From here you can see the Mountain." The female replied, as she folded her mighty wings and moved to the side, presenting the scene for all to see. Thorin leading the way as they all looked upon the place that they had come to reclaim.

"I should be going...........if you ever have need of me, of my children again, just send your little messenger............" The female continued, before unfurling her glorious wings.

"No.........wait..........." The Ishtar called out, as the creature made her way into the air with one mighty flap of her wings.

"We have need of you, my lady.............."

"What more need could you have of me, Stormcrow?" She enquired, as she flew around the wizard; the bemused Company, and shocked little burglar watching on as the breathtaking female rode the soft winds that surrounded them.

"There is still some way for us to go. Still more foes that we may have to face...........we are still to face the dragon himself......... and who better to have by the side of the one that will be king, than one that is already a queen........." Gandalf called out. The lady seeming to muse for a moment. Her keen eyes looking over the group of dwarves, before she slowly and carefully came to rest once again.

"Very well, Greyhame. But only if the Oakenshield wishes it............."

"Ahem..............." A sudden cough came from behind the tall wizard. Gandalf turning to see Thorin and the others obviously waiting to be introduced to the winged queen.

"Oh, yes, of course...........Thorin Oakenshield, may I introduce (Y/n), queen of the messengers of Manwë. (Y/n), this is Thorin, son of Thráin, son of Thrór, the Company, and of course Master Bilbo Baggins, son of........well, son of Bungo and Belladonna................" Gandalf announced proudly, as the queen stepped forward.

"So, you are the one that is the Oakenshield? I have heard much of your grandfather and father. Much of all the bravery that the line of Durin showed at the Battle of Azanulbizar. But I had never thought to meet the dwarf that took the arm of defiler himself. It is a pleasure.............I trust that my sweet Caras caused you no harm. He is one of the greatest of my children, one of the strongest and can sometimes forget himself." (Y/n) said, as she stepped forward. Her mighty wings ruffling, before folding behind her back. Thorin looking between the hand that she offered him, and her beautiful face.

He was sure that he had never seen a creature like this before. Nor had he seen one this beautiful. The prince still trying to comprehend that such a female could exist. And despite all the things that he and the others had seen and faced since they had begun the journey to reclaim the Lonely Mountain, this..........this queen of the eagles of Manwë, was certainly like nothing else.

"No, my lady, Caras did me no harm.................." Thorin finally managed to reply, as he took her hand and brought it to his lips, kissing her knuckles gently.

"I am glad to hear it. But, Thorin of the Oakenshield, son of Thráin, son of Thrór, would you and your Company have need of me as my old friend has claimed. Is there a place for me, on the final part of your journey.............?" The queen enquired; Thorin holding up his hand to silence the mutterings of those behind him. The prince looking to Balin, to Bilbo who he had judged so badly. Before this moment, he would have said no. The quest was for the home of dwarves, the home of his kin, but as he smiled at Bilbo, he realised that if help was offered by one that could command something as mighty as the great eagles, he would be a fool to refuse.

"It would be an honour, my lady." Thorin agreed. Balin giving his king an approving look, before he stepped forward to introduce himself to the queen. The rest of the Company quickly following suit. All, even Dwalin, eager to meet the queen that had helped rescue them.