Queen of the woods - Part 1 - Thranduil x Thorin x Reader

I have LotR and the Hobbit in my head at the moment, as I had a large tattoo done for them yesterday. Hope you like this. And everything in italics is supposed to be Sindarin.

"Naneth!" A voice exclaimed. The queen turning to see her son and the captain of her husband's guard, quickly making their way to her.

"Legolas, Tauriel.......what.......?"

"We came across a company of dwarf in the forest, when we were hunting out the spider's nests." Legolas interrupted, as his mother looked at him in disbelief.

Not for many moons had she seen a dwarf. Not since her beloved had refused to aid them when the fire drake had been lured to the mountain by the greed of Thrór. Not since Smaug had destroyed Dale and scattered the dwarves of Erebor. Thranduil's act causing a rift between the two races that all believed would never be fixed.

She had tried to persuade her husband to let her go with him that day the king and his army had gone to the mountain; yet no matter what she had said, no matter how much she had reasoned that she was a warrior, not just his queen, Thranduil would have nothing of it. The queen left to watch over the kingdom, while he and his army had made for the realm of the Durin kings; it not until their return that she had learnt of what her love has done. How he had turned his back on those of the mountain, when they had needed help the most. And as much as she had gone behind Thranduil's back and tried to help those that had lost their home and kin, with whatever she could give them; it was never enough. Never enough to make up for her husband's betrayal. So, what a company of dwarves would be doing in the cursed forest, she could not imagine.

"Where is this company of dwarves, now..............?"

"Most were taken to the dungeons. But one.........father wanted to speak with him alone in the throne room." The prince replied. The queen smiling, as she took a step forward and placed her hands on the cheeks of the two younger elves.

"I am glad that you have returned without injury. I worry for you both whenever you venture into the woods. It is no longer a place that any of us can feel safe. But now you should return to your duties and leave the dwarves and your father to me." The queen continued, placing a kiss to her son's cheek, before he and Tauriel bowed, and made their way back down the corridor. The lady letting out a deep sigh, as she moved towards the throne room.

She knew better than anyone that, and as much as she loved Thranduil, he was not what you would call a diplomat. And it certainly did not help that the king had become completely unconcerned with anything that lay beyond the borders of his kingdom. But she, she was everything her husband was not, in that respect at least. In the past, she had not only been a warrior, but also an envoy; spending many years travelling to not only Imladris and Lothlórien, but to Dale and Erebor; doing her best to further relations between not only their kin, but with men and dwarves too. Though when Thranduil had asked for her hand, her new duties had kept her in the kingdom. The queen having seen nothing but the palace and its surroundings, since then. Not that most of the time she minded; she adored Thranduil; and even though she had to admit that he had changed, he had become colder than he once was; he was still her one and only.

"My lady. The king.............." One of the guards began, as she finally came to the throne room.

"Yes, I am aware. But I would still like to see my husband and our guest.........." The queen interrupted. The guards glancing at one another for a moment before bowing low and pushing open the doors. Both knowing that whatever anger their king may have towards them for not obeying his orders to allow no one in, while he spoke to the dwarf; they also knew of their beautiful queen's reputation as a warrior; neither having a desire to argue with the lady.

                                                         >>----------------------------------<<

Slowly, she made her way into the room; her eyes falling on her husband and a rather handsome dwarf, that she was sure that she recognised. It obvious that neither were backing down. And whatever was being said, it wasn't friendly.

"Meleth nin............" The queen called out softly. Causing the two males to move apart. The handsome dwarf staring at her, wide-eyed, as she came to join them. Thorin was sure that he recognised her. The elleth, despite his dislike for elves, had to be the most beautiful creature that he had ever seen. Her hair, which was so long that it touched the ground, was kept neatly in place by a floral crown that compliment that of the king; and her eyes sparkled like the night sky, filled with a billion stars. Yet it was her smile that made the exiled mountain king, feel strangely at peace. As if he were with an old friend.

"Meleth e-Guilen, what are you doing............?"

"A little leaf told me that we had visitors to our kingdom. Though he did not say that our visitor was Thorin Oakenshield. It is a pleasure to meet you again, prince, after so many years." The queen said, holding out her hand. Thorin looking between the two monarchs, and smiling to himself, before taking the queen's hand and kissing it. Taking great delight in seeing the fire in the woodland king's eyes.

"We have met before................?" Thorin said, it sounding more like a statement than a question.

"Yes. Many moons ago, I was an envoy for our kingdom. I journeyed to Erebor on more than one occasion. Your people were always good to me, and I must confess that I enjoyed my conversations with you grandfather and father, and..........there was a Balin too, I recall. Such a sweet thing he was..........." The queen explained. Thorin's eyes widening all the more, as he finally realised who she was. As he finally remembered that she was the beautiful elleth that would cause quite a stir when she came to the mountain, even in the hearts of the toughest, gruffest warriors.

"(Y/n)...........?(Y/n), is that you..........?"

"Yes, it's me, Thorin.............."