Blacksmith - Part 8 - Fili x Kili x Reader

It had been a strange time for (Y/n). It had begun with her being overjoyed, Thorin finally telling her how he felt for her. Using her own father's beads to ask if he could court her, to which she had of course said yes. The celebration that followed the announcement of their love, the best that any dwarf could remember. The smile never leaving her face, as she spent more time with her beloved blacksmith. But then, Thorin had heard that his father had been seen in Dol Guldur, and everything had changed.

She couldn't blame him for leaving. For wanting to find his father. (Y/n) knowing that is she was ever given the chance to see her father again, she would do whatever it took. But despite him promising that he would return, he hadn't; and then Fili and Kili, Dwalin, Balin, and the others had disappeared without a word. None of them knowing what they, what Thorin, had left behind. The ones left to pick up the pieces, being her mother and Dis; both of them assuring the sobbing (Y/n), that her fears were unfounded. That Thorin did still love her. That she hadn't done anything to cause the others to leave. That sooner or later, she would see her blacksmith again. (Y/n) clinging to the memory of the wonderful night that she and Thorin had shared before he had left. A perfect night wrapped in each other's arms.

But then, they had received word. Word that the Lonely Mountain once again belonged to the Durin folk. That the dragon was no more and Thorin had taken his rightful place as King. The new monarch only missing one thing now, his queen. The news of his safety, that he still wanted her, and that she really was going to be a queen, seeming to cause her to cry as much as she had, when she had not known. The communication telling her to come to Erebor with all possible speed. That Thorin would not be happy until she was once more in his arms. And that was why (Y/n) and Dis were now nearing the end of their journey to the Mountain.

A part of her hadn't wanted to leave, the thought of possibly not seeing her mother again, as hard to deal with as the thought of losing Thorin. Reya assuring her daughter that she would be fine. Telling her that Erebor was for dwarves, and despite the fact that she knew Thorin would not deny her a home, she was no dwarf. That, and she couldn't leave the grave that she had had her husband interned in. That her life, her love was there in their little town. Reya kissing her child and holding her close, before she had entrusted her wellbeing to Dis.

In truth, Dis had tried to persuade her to wait a little longer before she made the long journey to the Mountain. To wait for a better time. Telling her that Thorin would wait until the end of the world for her. But even though (Y/n) had appreciated her good intentions, knew that she only wanted what was best for her; (Y/n) could wait no longer. She had to tell him, to show him what had happened since he had been gone. Dis just giving her and understanding smile, before going to organise everything that they would need for the trip.

                                                 >>----------------------------------<<

"Are you alright..........?" Dis enquired, as (Y/n) let out a quiet moan. The journey in the rickety old carriage having taken its toll on both the dwarrowdams.

"I'm fine, Dis. But if we hit one more rut, I might just be sick." (Y/n) replied, doing her best to smile despite the fear that was eating away at her.

"Dis.................?"

"Yes................?"

"Do you think he really still loves me..............He feel in love with me when he was a blacksmith and I worked in my parent's inn. Now he is the king that he was born to be, and I am still..........well, still me. He could have anyone he wants now. Anyone.................."

"Stop.............I do not think that Thorin could love anyone more than he loves you. I have never seen him happier than when you were by his side. And even though we know that they have been through much, I know that his feelings for you will not have changed. I also know my brother well enough to say that as soon as he lays eyes on you, he will never let you out of his sight again. Now look outside..............." Dis told her, gesturing for the young dwarrowdam to peer out of the window. (Y/n)'s eyes growing wide as she saw the sight before her.

                                                    >>-------------------------------------<<

Kili and Fili were patrolling the wall. Already dwarves had begun to return to the Mountain. It good to see the faces of friends and kin after so long. Yet there were two faces that they really wanted to see. Two that they had missed more than any other. The brothers not able to stop talking about their mother and (Y/n) once they knew that Thorin had sent word to them. Bilbo already feeling that he knew them. Already having an idea that the princess and the queen to be, were the only two that could control the rambunctious duo. Yet, as Kili let out a heavy sigh and leaned against the ancient stones, it felt like they were never arrive.

"Do you think..................?"

"Stop..............!"

"Stop what...............?"

"You know what?" Fili replied, as he joined his younger brother. The pair looking down towards Dale.

"You are going to talk about mother and (Y/n) again. You are going to ask if you think uncle Thorin will let us take (Y/n) out for an adventure before she becomes queen. You are going to ask if she will forgive uncle, if she will forgive us for just leaving without telling her................"

"How do you know.................?"

"Because you have been asking the same questions since uncle Thorin sent word. And my answers are always the same............I don't know........I don't know............and, I don't know. (Y/n) can be a very stubborn..............."

"Fili Durin! Kili Durin! Is that you..............?" A voice came, Fili and Kili looking down to see a small carriage, and their mother's head sticking out of one of the windows.

"Well.................come and greet your mother then.............." Dis added, with a shake of her head. The two brother's looking at one another for a moment, before beginning to run. Both of them wanting to be the first to embrace their mother. To be the first to see (Y/n) again.