ch 1

Being the oldest kid was a pain. Reign Akien Myogotchi had at least a 5-year difference from the others who were in his family. Or even family friends' kids. The only one he wanted to hang out with was his Uncle Te'io, but he had his own life.

Reign went to school like normal. Luckily he could, considering a genocidal Demon bastard still running around. He wouldn't even consider him one of his species, an Iblis. Not with how that bastard murders us AND the Children Of Earth, elemental talents blessed by the planet.

Reign was 17 years old and a junior in school. Not to brag, but he was smart. But yeah, he was. He probably got it from his mom's side.

He was a year ahead of others his age and could have been in the student council, but Reign wasn't that dedicated to doing that. He got that from both sides of the family.

In the Myogotchi house.

Reign threw on his green uniform. Smoothed out his pink and yellow streaked hair. Then, he grabbed a couple of hairpins and clipped his bangs to the side. Smirking, he looked at his young looks.

"Nothing out of place." He told his reflection. Then, I headed out to school.

Today wasn't a bad day, a little chilly, and only a few people were out, but the day was still early as households woke up to go to work or school.

Reign saw the colored numbers floating over people's heads unconsciously. He tried to ignore them.

Tried.

Tried, really hard too.

But his eyes unconsciously flickered over them. Even at a glance.

Most had one black, telling about the end of their life. Maybe another color about marriage or sex life. That was usually different but mostly purple. Sometimes, he saw more than one of those, and sometimes none at all. Then maybe some green or yellow colored numbers, from important things that will happen to them good or bad.

Now all the numbers... well, the Dates had yet to pass. And when they do pass the date, the number will disappear above their head. Sometimes, maybe even change the date.

The dates are just stacked into a large line above each person's head. It was hard not to look. Expect, the larger the stack or different in colors.

This was an ability he didn't have control over. It was always there like how you breathed. If he didn't want to see the, he had to close his eyes or remove his eyeballs.

Reign averted his eyes from the dates and walked on to school. Sighing, he walked a little faster to get to class. All the way keeping his eyes on the ground.

Once he was in his seat, the day went on as uneventfully as the day before.

Cosmos, was he bored ... Reign sighed.

"It's better this way." His Power Partner Prince; the Iblis of Status told him mentally. "Having fun for you means that shit hit the fan." He teased.

"Get out of my head!" Reign replied in his mind with a hit to his temple.

He was in his last class for the day. Waiting to be released. He didn't want to talk to this pervert.

"I told you, I don't like that mental talk. I'm not your lover. Do it with your fuck buddy! It feels like you're caressing my brain. It's gross." Reign shivered both inwardly and on the outside.

Reign heard Prince laughing.

"Whatever, kid. You just need more practice." The older Iblis tisked with knowledge.

"You can do it with anyone as long as there is a tool, but us Iblis partners are an exception. Though, it's only after we become partners. Ah, And some ... compatible races."

Reign mentally waved him off cause he didn't want to hear it.

"Uh huh.... stop it. Do you need my powers? Why did you call? I thought we had a free for all with power sharing. Just as much as I need yours, you need mine. So what's the big deal? Go away and stop talking to me! You're giving me a headache!"

"Mmm... but you were bored." Prince edged.

"Not bored enough to talk to you." Reign mentally stuck his tongue out. "Now get out!" He yelled internally.

"Ow! .... Not so loud," Prince exclaimed then sighed as he held his ears mentally. "Fine, fine, I'm going kid."

Squinting his eyes, Reign lends back in his chair. Staring at the ceiling he groans in teenage agony.

"Why do I have to be checked on all the time?" Reign mumbled to no one. He was just the Iblis of Dates.

Uncle Te'io's Iblis power was way cooler. Cooler than the Seifa's, his mother, and just a tiny bit cooler than his Aunt's. His uncle had to marry an awesomely powerful person, if he was a Myogotchi then that was one thing the men had going for them. Marrying a strong woman.

Grumbling and rubbing the back of his head. Reign looked at his watch that projected the time at half past three.

When will this day be over?

Once the bell rang Reign headed home.

When he walked through the door he saw that his dad was working diligently on his lab top. But heard his mom's stern voice before he saw her.

"Reign, I need to get some groceries, can you help me?"

The straight-laced woman of around 40 years old stood there. Her pink hair almost a shade of red was to her shoulders. Cat-like eyes just a few shades darker looked at him. Her expression told him he had no other choice but to help, even though her words were phrased like a question.

"ahh, ... okay. I'm ready now, if you want?" Reign told his mother, who was the Iblis of Deathwish.
He hadn't even put down his shoulder backpack when he had to go outside again.

"Then, let's go, before it gets dark."

Reign's mother who was named Seifa grabbed the car keys and the two left. Reign's dad whose name was Sindra was too engrossed in his work to notice Reign came home for five seconds and then left again.