9

My head is pounding and there's ringing in my ears.

It takes me a while until I open my eyes.

I'm lying in my bed. What the fuck happened?

"Valeri." I hear a voice from behind me.

I roll over..

My body aches and pain shots through my head.

"Are you okay?" Zach says. "Here." He holds up a glass of water. I sit up and take it from him. I swallow a few times and give it back to him.

"My head hurts. Really hurts." I put it between my hands. "What happened?"

"You got drunk as fuck." I hear my brother's voice as he enters the room.

"Oh. Where are the others?" I'm wondering what happened to Ayna, Mers and Madelin.

"They're still there. Lach and Kian are looking over them. But, Valeri, what were you thinking?"

"Can't we just get drunk?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Come on. We need to get going."

"Where?" I'm so lost.

"Ohhh yeah I remember now."

I go in the bathroom and quickly change my clothes and brush my teeth because I smell of alcohol.

My head is hurting but it looks like I've run out of painkillers. Fuck.

I get out and they're still sitting on my bed.

"Do you have any painkillers?" They will hopefully give me more then one.

"Yeah but you'll have to eat something first."

I follow them out of my room down the stairs into the kitchen.

"I need to go check on the others and look if we're ready to go. You..." My brother points at me. "Need to eat something."

I nod.

Alex takes off and now it's just me and Zachary.

"What do you want to eat?" I hear him say."

"I don't know. Something." I shrug with my shoulders.

"Alright. Sit down."

I do as he says and put my head on the table. I actually drift off until Zach shakes me awake. "You'll sleep on the road, okay?"

I look infront if me. Waffles. And they smell so good. But I shouldn't.

"I don't really have an appetite." I say not looking at him.

"You don't get your painkillers if you don't at least try to eat." He tells me.

That does it. I pick up a waffle and bite into it. It tastes perfect.

I eat both of them and Zach finally gives me a painkiller.

Just one. And then he puts them back into a cupboard.

At least I know where they are.

I swallow it without water.

~~~

It has been an hour and we are finally getting in the car. Madelin, Ayna, Mers and Kian are already on the road. Me, Alex, Zach and Lach just sat in the car. Alex is driving and Lach literally got in a fight with Zach because he wanted to sit at the front so now it's me and Zach in the back.

I lean my head on the window and try to sleep but it's too uncomfortable.

Zach seeming to notice pulls me to him and I lean my head on his lap. This. This is better. "Thanks." I don't know why I say it.