19

Ryan.

We make a quick eye contact before we speed off. We drive for around another ten minutes until we pull infront of a big house.

On the way to her bedroom I keep looking around to make sure Cade isn't here. I think he wouldn't do anything if Madelin is with me the whole time.

She opens her door and I'm greeted with a huge room. It has really big windows and bed but it looks comfy.

"Make yourself feel like home." She jumps on her bed with a bag from the store. "So. Aren't you going to take the test?"

I take the bag and take both of them out. "You're not pregnant, okay? He used protection, didn't he?" She asked.

"Yeah, he did." They didn't.

"Go on, then." I do as she says and go into the bathroom. There's a bath and a shower.

I open the package and follow instructions. It's written that I have to wait fifteen minutes.

I leave it on a counter and go back in the room.

I can't be pregnant. I'm an addict and I was taking pills and harming myself for the last two weeks.

"You okay?" Madelin asks with alcohol in her hand.

"Yeah. I have to wait for some time." I sit down next to her.

She hugs me and we stay like that for some time. "You should go check."

I take a deep breath and nod. I get off the bed and enter the bathroom again. There it is.

It's negative.

I'm not pregnant.

I let out a sigh of relief and throw the test in the trash. Then I go back in the bedroom. Madelin is lying on her back drinking out of the bottle.

"Easy there." I take it away and take a sip myself.

"You aren't pregnant?" She asks and throws her arms around me. She's clearly drunk. I tuck her in the bed as she falls asleep. She must've been really tired and the alcohol helped.

I lie down beside her and stare at the ceiling. I take three painkillers out of my pocket and swallow them with vodka. Fuck I've just run out of them. I'll have to ask Ryan for more but not now. Maybe tomorrow.

I almost drift off until a knock interrupts me. Fuck fuck fuck. Who the fuck is that?

I can't think straight because of everything I took and I have no time to hide.

The door opens revealing a guy.

No no no. Just not him.

He looks shocked when he sees me but a smile pushes his surprised expression away. "Valeri. What are you doing here?" Cade asks.

I try to reach for my phone but he stops my hand. The pain shoots through my arm as he squeezes my wrist. My cuts.

"Please don't. I'm begging you." I try to shake Madelin awake but she must be passed out completely.

I look back at Cade, at his blue eyes and blond hair. He's still holding me and pushes me down on the bed so he's now on top. "You'll listen to me now, you hear me?" When I don't answer he hits me. "You hear me?"

I quickly nod and don't stop. "Good. Now, you'll break up with your boyfriend. You'll break his heart, okay? Do you understand?!" He hisses as I don't answer him. I shake with my head. I can't do this to Zachary.

He starts unbuckling his pants. "This is your last chance to say yes. To say that you'll do as I told you to, otherwise you know what is going to happen."