Chapter 7: What Was Lost Has Been Found

Hello everyone and welcome to Chapter Seven.  This is going to be another rough one so just be warned.  Once again I'd like to thank PawPatrol67  for all of the help with this Chapter.  Hopefully you all enjoy it and don't forget to vote and comment what you think.

The Paw Patrol pull up to City Hall and get out of their vehicles. The group instantly notices Tracker’s ears twitching and Tracker is concentrating. “I can hear yelps.” He says. “Coming from where?” Ryder asks. “Inside City Hall, it almost sounds like it’s from the basement.” Tracker says.

The pups and Ryder walk into City Hall and are greeted by the receptionist. “Welcome Paw Patrol, we have been expecting you, please follow me.” The lady says. The lady leads them away from the basement and into a conference room. “Have you seen Chase or Zuma?” Ryder asks the lady. “I haven’t, but the mayor should be here soon and has some concerns about your team.” The lady says.

The shadow figure walks around City Hall and enters the building. They followed the Paw Patrol from a distance and walked into the conference room instantly getting shocked looked from the team.

Going back to Chase and Zuma, the mayor is putting chain collars and a chain muzzle on both of the pups. They are connected by chain leashes and the end of each leash is in the mayors hand.

The mayor pulls back and forces both of the pups to start to gasp for breath as Chase tries to reach up but can’t due to being tied. Chase yelps and the mayor stops and puts a ball gag into Chase’s mouth. She does the same with Zuma so now neither pup can yelp for help.

The mayor continues to pull on their collars and muzzles with the chain. Zuma is the first one to start bleeding from the chain. Chase tries to break free again seeing Zuma bleeding and being abused.

Zuma just is tied up crying as he bleeds. Chase whines as he tries to beg for mercy from the Mayor but receives a hard pull on the collar causing it to cut into his fur and make him bleed. Chase tries to yelp but is muffled by the gag.

“You stupid fags.” The mayor says and pulls again. The mayor ties the chain to a metal post which is constantly pulling on the chains and nuzzles making it hard for the pups to breathe and causing blood to continue to drip onto the floor.

The mayor grabs a whip and hits Chase with it. Chase tries to yelp again but can only cry as the whip cuts into his body and causes bruising where it doesn’t cut. The mayor stops and starts to do the same with Zuma but since Zuma is in a different position entirely, only his butt gets hit.

Chase is hurting more from seeing Zuma get whipped but what is also making it difficult for Chase is that he staring directly at Zuma’s butt. Chase can’t look away but he doesn’t want to watch either. All of a sudden the door is trying to be opened and the mayor grabs the chains again and pulls both of the pups collars.

The two pups once again struggle to breathe and bleed onto the floor. The red on their fur darkens once again and the door is suddenly slammed open and they see Ryder and the pups rush inside.

But who they didn’t expect to see is him. The figure is wearing a purple suit and has a top hat with blonde hair.  “Why is Humdinger here?” Chase asks in his head. Mayor Humdinger tackles Goodway and makes her drop the leash which allows Chase and Zuma to breathe again.

The pups reach Chase first and untie him and Chase immediately rushes to Zuma not even letting the pups take off the collar or gag.

Chase unties Zuma and hugs him while crying. Now Chase has his Zuma back and no one can take him again. Chase takes off Zuma’s collar and gag and Zuma looks at him. “You still have your stuff on.” Zuma says weakly. Chase tries to take off the collar and gag but he only feels a lock.

Chase points to the lock holding everything together and checks Zuma’s collar and gag. Zuma didn’t have one and Chase sees a key on the ground. The key is fully snapped in half and he picks it up.

The shepherd looks at all the pups concerned and tries to forcefully take off the bondage. “Chase calm down, we’ll get it off.” Ryder says. Chase starts panting heavily as the gag prevents him from talking.

Ryder grabs a pair of lock cutters and cuts the lock off of the gag and collar. Chase takes it all off and pants hard. Chase and Zuma look at each other and look at the pups. “The two need time to themselves.  We’ll be outside.” Ryder says. The rest of the pups and the two humans walk out dragging Goodway out in handcuffs.

Chase and Zuma look each other over checking what is wrong with their bodies. Both pups have blood on their necks and muzzle from the chains but that’s where the similarities end. Chase has whip marks on his check and stomach that are cut pretty hard. Meanwhile Zuma has deep whip marks on his butt and Chase licks the blood from the marks making Zuma yelp.

Chase is definitely in worse shape even though Zuma has been there longer. It’s like the former mayor wanted to kill Chase more than Zuma, which also would explain the lock on Chase’s collar but not Zuma’s.

The two pups just cry on each other and cuddle each other. “Let’s go home.” Zuma says. “You go with Ryder, I need to take all of this as evidence and send it off to Adventure city to the detective branch.” Chase says.

The lab walks out and Chase crams it all into his pup house and goes to the police station. But he only takes the wooden cross with him to get sent off. Chase doesn’t want to send off the other stuff but to keep it as a reminder to lose Zuma ever again.

Chase never told Zuma that he is keeping the stuff but Chase doesn’t want to. The shepherd arrives back at the Lookout and sees all the pups including Zuma outside and Katie is there as well next to Ryder.

Chase parks and walks up to the group. He sits next to the lab and cuddles him. “Promise to never lose me again Chase.” The lab says. “I promise to never loose you again, you’ll always be here with me.” The Shepherd says.

The two pups kiss and the others smile as they now have Zuma and Chase back. Rocky, Marshall, and Tracker smile at each other and walk to Rocky’s pup house. Sweetie and Rubble go to Rubble’s pup house, and Ryder and Katie go up to the top of the Lookout.

The Zuma and Chase look around and notice everyone left. “Let’s go to your pup house.” Chase says. Zuma nods and the two walk to Zuma’s pup house and walk inside closing the door behind them. “I love you Chase.” Zuma says. “I love you too Zuma.” Chase says back.