the after

The next day...

Léta and Thésée stayed all night, officially for my protection. Visitors are not allowed at night, Thomas can justify that. I have never been alone, the idea is unbearable now. I have been allowed out. I have to rest, that's an order, Thomas ordered me.

- Your flat is in a bad state. You can't live there. Theseus told me.

- Did you go there?

- No, I had a report.

- I still can't get used to you being a division head.

- You're coming to our house. Letha declares categorically.

- Thank you. I need some stuff. I need some stuff.

- I don't know if going back is a good idea," says Thomas, exhausted by his shift.

- I have to go back. Thom's, go home and get some sleep, you need it.

- I .... he yawned, which gave him away.

- Go to sleep.

- Okay. I'll come back this afternoon. If you need anything, send an owl.

- See you this afternoon, Thom's, I say smilling at him.

I look at Leta and Theseus:

- Don't you two have work to do?

- Leta, no. I do, but .... I need to see the flat too. Then I'll go back," he responds, feeling guilty.

- You can go to work now.

- I'll take you to your apartment to see it and leave you with Léta.

I'm so lucky to have you. We got out of saint mongoose and went to my flat. I started to get scared, I don't want to go back, but it's just to get some things.

- Monsieur Dragonneau. Greeted Oliver, Theseus' colleague, who was guarding.

- Fletcher.

We went in and everything was turned upside down. Those cogniarts! My wand, my things! My gaze was drawn to the cabinet where he had thrown me. There's blood, my blood and the remains of my wand. I went to get them.

- What .... worries Theseus.

- For the record... it's my wand from Hogwarts," I respond sadly, a little teary-eyed as I pointed to the two ends. I'll go and get some clothes.

Leta accompanies me into the room. Theseus looked at Leta and then at the place.

- I hate them! I hate them!" I explode to Leta as I took some things.

I took some clothes, the photo albums, Emily's frame and me. I have to send her an owl. I stuffed everything into a suitcase. The picture of Mum and Dad had been smashed. Léta threw a reparo without me having to ask. I looked at my room, never again, I'm not living here, never again. It's too quiet and marked by them. They turned everything upside down while I was there, paralyzed!

- I have everything I need. I'll come back for the rest. I says, angrily.

- Are you all right?" worries Léta.

- I want to destroy them. All this for potions! Potions?" I burst out. My flat! My wand! For potions!

It's stupid, yes, it's object, but my wand, damn it, I can get another one, but it's not the same! Leta looked at me, sympathetic. I went out with my suitcase and joined Theseus.

- Thank you, I have everything. I told them.

We went out and I wanted to close the door by reflex, but I didn't have the damn key!