Prologue

1st September 1909.

Why do we always have to get to the station so early? 45 minutes early! The train leaves in 35 minutes, by merlin's beard! Theseus and his family haven't arrived yet! I restrained myself from fidgeting and suggested a hand game to Emily, who start with a smile. I spotted a family from a distance, with a boy about my age, dark hair, quite tall, but who I'd never seen at Hogwarts. American by his family's accent. By the trolley, he goes to Hogwarts, it must be a transfer, I think.

- Rosa, you're not playing any more!" Emily points out.

- Sorry, I'll get back to it.

I kept looking at him , trying to be discreet. They sat down further away, and the boy took out a book, the history of Hogwarts. If this is a transfer, he might not know anyone here. I excused myself from Emily and my mother to go and see him, to offer him a seat on the train. I put on my best smile and went to see him.

- Good morning, ma'am, sir," I said immediately, politely, probably to his parents. I turned to the boy, who turned red when he saw me.

- Hi, I'm Rosa, Rosaline Knowles. I was wondering if you wanted to sit in a compartment together on the Hogwarts Express.

- Erm... Tho.... Thomas Barlow. He said, shyly.

- Pleased to meet you, Thomas, I said, with a soothing smile, to put him at ease.

- I'd... I'd like to sit with you, if that's all right.

- that would be perfect! I would love you to meet Theseus and Leta, my friends!

- Okay," he replied, blushing and looking at me for a moment.

His parents smile and smile back at me.

- Thomas is entering his third year at Hogwarts this year," his mother informs me.

- And so am I! Léta and Thésée too! We can help you for anything and I'll be able to show you around the castle and some of its secrets, if you like!

- Thank you!" he replied with a small smile.

- Brilliant!

My mother called me to come back, and I saw Theseus and Norbert in the distance, who had arrived!

- I've got to go now! You can join us if you like. I can introduce you to Theseus.

- I'll be right there, after I've said goodbye.

- All right, then! See you in a minute, Thomas! Goodbye, madam, sir.

His parents says goodbye to me, Thomas looks at his mother, smiling, less anxious, I notice happy. He joined me shortly afterwards, I made the introductions and we got back on the train, once Léta had arrived. After a final goodbye, we set off for Hogwarts!

Once we were in the Great Hall, Thomas joined the first years, white as a sheet, he was about to be under the Hat and then join us. I joined the Hufflepuff table with Theseus, Leta the Slytherins. I applauded every repartition, and Thomas was called. He looks around the room, embarrass and anxious. I smile at him, waving, he saw me and relax a little.

- Ravenclaw," exclaims the Sorting Hat quickly.

I clapped as loud as I could, smiling wild at him. He walked as fast as he could to his table.