Nothing changed but me

I went out, determined to see the common room first, a nostalgia to fill before filling the teacher's boots. I smiled the whole way, nothing changed but me. I breathed in the good old days, typing in the password. The wall opened; my heart filled with happiness. I walked in, I was a student again, the magic present as never before. Immediately at ease and soothed, I smiled at the portrait of our founder. All the plants create the perfect atmosphere. This room makes you want to smile and settle down in an armchair with a book or a friend.

At this time of day, all the students are in class. I went round the plants, checking to see how they were doing. On the way out, I passed some pupils, second or third years in their uniforms.

- Are you a new teacher? I was asked.

- Yes. Professor Knowles. I'm replacing Mrs Caldert.

- She smiled at me. See you tomorrow, Professor.

I smiled, it's odd. Besides, I should go into the dungeons. I admired the room. Even dark, it was always one of my favourite places. I've found my schedule. Tomorrow I start with the fourth years and I've got the list of past and recommended progressions for all the classes. Brilliant !

I decided on the programme for the next classes and practised, even if it's not very effective in an empty room. Next stop, the library for documentation. Finally, the staff room. It's never been inside, so there's a real feeling of being forbidden!

I opened the door and introduced myself to my former teachers, who greeted me warmly but with Merlin's beard, this is strange. Classical atmosphere and decor, armchairs, books, timetable, parchments, ....