Seventeen years

One and a half months later.

I ... I managed ... I saw the whole attack from the outside without panicking. It took a few tries, but I did it. It's a big step! It's a first step towards, and I quote, my brain being able to reprocess the information recorded during the trauma without any emotional charge.

5 days later, 8 am.

We knocked. I opened the door, it's Thomas for walking to the hospital. That's what we do when we start at almost the same time.

- Good morning, Rosa !

- Good morning, Thomas! I'll be ready in 3 seconds.

I put on my scarf and gloves to go outside in London.

- You've got your Hufflepuff scarf on! he smiled as I closed the door.

- Yes, I saw it yesterday, in my wardrobe, and we need colour, joy and good living together at the moment.

- Yes," he replied, looking grim.

- Do you want to talk about it?

- It's in the air, there's fear out there.

- I know what you mean.

- It's you, Theseus, Leta who are keeping me going at the moment. You're like light in this setting. I know that you're there, no matter what's going on, and that you're my friends. You understand me and much more.

- Always. You're not on your own! I replied, moved. We're all in this boat that's rocking, but that's going to stabilise one day. Remember when, in 5th year, we swore that we'd always be friends? Today, we've been friends for 17 years. We grew up together and now we're growing together forever. Thomas, you're my best friend. I'd do anything for you!

- I know you would. He replied with a smile that made me burst. No! No! Pull yourself together!

- Listen to me carefully: you're useful, brilliant, compassionate, always there for others, you've got a heart of gold...I can see it, Theseus and Leta, Bill, your colleagues can see it. I can go on like this.

- Thank you! I needed that. 17 years old!

- Yes. We were babies when we met. About this high, I showed him with my hand.

He burst out laughing. He's calmed down and his smile is back, just like mine!

- You're the best," he said, laughing before setting off again. I followed his lead. I was really worried about being on my own when my parents sent me to Hogwarts in third year. He started. I thought I was going to be without any real friends again, like at Ilvermorny. Books don't count.

- I would never have let that happen. When I saw you alone with your parents, and I didn't recognise you, I went to see you.

- I could hardly say my first name. I was really very shy.

- And it didn't matter. You needed a friend. I would have gone if you wanted to be on your own, but you wanted my help.

- Then you introduced me to Theseus and Leta and we became friends.

- And it's been 17 years now.

- Time flies.

- Yes! We've always been there for each other.

We kept talking about Hogwarts and telling stories until we got to Saint Mongoose. We parted in the hall after wishing each other a good day and promising to have lunch together.