New horizons

When the headmaster of Hogwarts asks to speak to you, it must be important.

- I'd like to offer you the position of replacement Potions teacher for six months. Mrs Caldert is on leave. He finally told me.

- Oh, that's... thank you, sir. I replied, trying to save time.

- You don't have to answer right away. I know that Saint Mongoose would let you take a dispensation, if you asked.

- Yes, indeed. I'll need time to think.

- Of course, I'll expect your owl within four days.

- Very good, sir. Thank you, Headmaster.

- Goodbye, Miss Knowles. It was a pleasure to see you again, miss Knowles.

- Likewise, sir.

He left and I stayed, still surprised. Potion teacher, that would be an incredible opportunity, but it means leaving Mongoose, Thomas and my friends. I would be with Emily, seeing my sister every day and being at Hogwarts at the same time as her. That hasn't happened since we were at school. I want to do it, I can see myself doing it, but there's still...

I could get dispensation and come back to my job afterwards. I need time to think and check with Saint Mongoose. I walked back to the flat, the whole group was gathered.

- What did the headmaster want ?" asked Léta.

- To offer me the job of potion teacher for six months.

They were as surprised as I was. I tried to read Thomas, but to no avail.

- What do you think?" asked Thésée.

- I want to, I really want to, but I'm still hesitating.

- So go for it! It's for six months. It's a real chance!" urged Léta.

- I know it is. It only happens once.

There's only one thing holding me back, and that's leaving them, especially Thomas. I don't want to leave, I'm going to miss him so much and we're in a good situation.

I see him almost every day and he's so perfect! Hogwarts! Hogwarts! I looked at Thom's, trying to read his eyes, his thoughts.

- If you want to go, you should," insisted Thomas, a little strangely.

Thomas is pushing me to go... six months at Hogwarts or staying here with him, with them? I really want to go! London's not far, I could see them often and I'd see Emily every day. Me and her at Hogwarts together, but...

- I'll have to think again. I decided to give myself some time.

Thirty minutes later, I decided to take a dispensation. I said it, without looking at Thomas, as if I were leaving him, despite his sentence. Without knowing it, he reassured me, smiling and celebrating for me. The evening took another turn.