Family

I take all the love and hugs from Margaret and Edmund, the parents of Theseus and Norbert!

- We are so happy to see you, sweetheart. How are you?

- I am fine. I replied, honestly.

- My baby," said the mother of the family to the boys.

- Hi, mum. Respond Theseus then Norbert.

We sat down in the living room. The whole house smells of home and love.

- Would you like some chocolate or tea?" Edmund immediately offered.

- Chocolate would be lovely, thank you!

- And for you, my babies?

They're adorable, I don't know what I'd have done without them. Originally, they were just friends with my mother, but they've become much more than that, they've become family.

- Theseus turned to me nervously. We can leave whenever you want, you just have to let me know.

- I'll be fine. It's a good day.

- I asked them to give you some space, but...

- I smiled. Theseus, they're like that, it's in their nature to brood. It's pure love, based on food and attention.

- They'll nurture you and feed you until you explode.

- Sometimes that's what you need, protection and love. A bubble of love and attention. I smiled more. If it becomes too much, I'll say so.

- If it's too much, you let me know!" he insisted, a smile coming to my face, for his concern.

- I'm fine, I'll tell you if I need to. I insisted, still holding back a laugh.

- Oh! By Merlin!

I'm doing too much, I'm becoming like my parents, oh no! he lamented.

- Yes, a little. I replied, finally laughing. Norbert joined in.

- Oh, by Merlin's beard, no. He continued, sighing.

Our laughter continued, I forced myself to stop.

- Theseus, everything comes from a good intention. You, Léta, Thomas, Norbert, you're so patient, helpful and understanding. You don't have to worry about that. I don't know what I'd do without you, honestly.

Theseus stopped despairing of his parents, smiling. Norbert too. Drinks arrived, cake, my favourite. I immediately felt the attention, the love of the family. They've always been there, before Mum, during her illness, after her passing, now.

- Thank you so much. It's lovely and perfect! I thanked the mother of the family, moved.

- Anything for you, sweatheart! She took me for a hug, reinforcing the bubble of affection.

We got to talking about the past, about getting the photos out.

- Mum, I'm not sure that's a good idea," replied Thésée.

- It's fine, I promise. I immediately reassured him.

- We were babies! I exclaimed in the face of our little faces from our Hogwarts start photos in second year!

- Yes. You'll always be babies to me.

- Mum!" retorted the two brothers.

I burst out laughing, joined by their father.

I went to help Margaret in the kitchen, to thank her in person.

- Thank you for everything you've done for me and Emily, before, during and after, and even now," I said, moved.

- We love you. You are part of this family. She was moved. You know, your mum, even if she can't be there, she loves you. She's so proud of you. I didn't hold back the emotion. You can always come here and read her letters or be with us.

- I know. I love you. I said, before rushing into her arms.

- Sweety. She took me in.

I ended up coming back into the living room to see the boys outside. I went to join them.

- You okay ?" worried Norbert immediately.

- Yes, I am. I thought about my mum. We should tell people we love them. I said, before thinking about my own hypocrisy in relation to Thomas.

- Do you want to go home?" frightened me Thésée as she came around the side.

- Thésée! Where did you come from?

- Sorry about that. Do you want to go ?

- Not just yet. Just don't show up out of the blue, please.

- Duly noted. Sorry again. He said, really sorry.

Ready to leave an hour later, I put on my coat, loaded up with homemade cake, including a few slices for Thomas.

- I'm going to the hospital to give them to Thomas. I told the boys. I won't be back just yet.

- Oh... okay. He recovered from his surprise. Do you want one of us to come?

- I can be alone, you know.

- I know that," he replied, as if caught off guard. I smiled, I'm good. I'll see you later.

- I can take the cakes for you. Theseus regained his composure.

- Thank you, Thésée.

After swapping, they flew. I know I'm worrying Theseus and Norbert. Léta switched to nights work so that she could be here during the day, I'm not supposed to know this, but it's part of their plan. They're there for me, sometimes overprotective. I'm lucky to have them. I apparate myself to St. Mungo's, cake under my arm.

After greeting the reception nurse and the nurses, I waited for Thomas, who was with a patient. He came out in his green coat, which always does something for me.

- Cakes for you, from the Dragonneau family," I said with a smile, very happy to see him for the first time today.

- Oh ! Yes ! How was it ? he asks, taking the box.

- Perfect, exactly what I needed.

- Perfect! My heart swoon.

- I'm taking one right now ! he says, hungry.

- Did you eat today? I worry.

- Yes! Yes, promise. They are just perfect, right now.

- I smiled. There's more at the flat. How is your day ?

- Good. He smiles, with frosting on the lips. I felt myself blush and decided to reach into my pockets so he wouldn't see.

He is hot, it is hot. I correct my thought.

- I'm gonna go home. Have a good end of shit. I say to go, before craking.

- Thank you for the cake and... I forced myself to look him in the eye. Go home safe.

- You too.

I turn my back, free to show my feeling of disappoint in me.