then because she goes

"Ugh, I love you more and more everyday!" Zahra was clearly impressed from where she sat cuddled into Ross' side when I'd finally sat down with everyone and divulged what had happened just moments before. George put his long arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his side, raising my left arm up as if to declare myself as the champion in a boxing ring.

Matty was unusually quiet, and all I could do was pray that he wasn't about to slip into another off-mood of his. But, when he finally started pissing himself laughing, along with Adam and Ross, I knew we were all in the clear.

"That bastard," Ross was shaking his head. "He'd been seeing you both?"
I nodded my head. "It's Maddie I feel bad for, they were a lot more," I paused, trying to find the right words because admittedly it was no one else's business, including mine. "involved than I'd ever been with him."
"Really?" It was Matty. We all turned to him, confused as to why he'd ask.
"Yeah." I dragged the word out, as if to say 'well yeah, of-fucking-course.' He nodded in response, seemingly pleased with my answer. He really could be deeply strange at times.

I did consciously observe that Matty hadn't sat next to me today, but I chose not to take it personally. He was probably just trying to be considerate of the fact that I'd asked him to wait a while before telling anyone about us - whatever that 'us' would be - and would probably make it beyond obvious if he was near me.

However, my eyebrows, along with everyone else's, furrowed when a girl with pink hair suddenly came to a stop at our table. More specifically, where Matty was sitting. I didn't recognise her, I knew I'd never spoken to her, and definitely didn't know her name. She was very pretty - in a delicate way. Her features were slight, her skin pale, and her hair striking. Despite my deep confusion, I assumed there must be a reason for her being there, but when I looked around at everyone, nothing but scepticism was in the air.

"A-Are you okay?" George finally asked. Not rudely, just genuinely wanting to know.
"Oh, yeah, sorry. I just wanted to come over and say hi to Matty," She turned to him. "It is Matty, right?"
"Matthew to you." Zahra interrupted, to which I could only internally laugh. She winked at me, and I rolled my eyes. Although, I did notice she had been smiling constantly, like maniacally smiling, and I made a mental note to ask her about it when I had the chance.

I observed the curly haired boy across from me as he gave her a smile and a nod, a hint of recognition in his eyes. "You're the girl from the party. Sorry, I never got your name."
The girl from the party? Surely I was the only girl from the party. Trying my best not to jump to any conclusions, I tried to calm the awful feeling that was mixing around in my stomach. He was looking at her intently, his attention on her, and it was making me feel unwell. I was definitely jealous, there was no denying it. But above all, I just wanted to know who she is.

"Heidi." She laughed. "It's okay, I never told you it." I internally sighed a harsh breath of relief - if he didn't know her name, then surely nothing could have happened. Or, at least that's what I would be telling myself.
"Is there something I can do for you?" Again, it was said politely, but I still cringed at the words and how they could sound rude. But, it was Matty, he wasn't going to be rude to this girl for no reason.

"Oh, well, I just saw you from over there," She pointed with her finger to nowhere in particular. "And I was wondering if I could sit with you guys?"
We all looked around at each other - despite the senseless jealousy she'd managed to stir within me in just moments of being here, I didn't see why not. She was assuredly a lot braver than me for coming over and asking.

Everyone just nodded and shrugged, there was no reason to say no. She smiled at us all, giving her thanks. I observed her intently from the moment she sat down between Ross and George, and I found myself feeling thankful that it wasn't beside Matty. She did seem lovely, just happy to be there, I suppose. She laughed at our jokes and we were soon laughing at hers. Though, I couldn't seem to get past the fact that I'd never seen her before. Or, at least I didn't think I had.