𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙮

"Woah" Zahra looked ahead at the house.
"Fucking hell" George was still slurring his words.
"This is mental" Ross laughed.
"Yeah, fucking insane" Adam was laughing, too.
"Mate, I wasn't expecting this" Matty said as he finally got out of the car.

We all stood beside the car, staring at the scene in front of us. There were teenagers everywhere, some with small plastic cups, some with full bottles of alcohol. This Maddie girl must be popular, although I wasn't even entirely sure who she was.

"We going in or what?" Zahra shouted, already making her way into the house, linking one arm with Ross' and one arm with mine. I quickly looked back to see if Matty was coming, he was, just rather slower.

The music was blaring even more deafeningly loud when we eventually entered the house, even more people inside, too. Every corner was crowded with millennials trying to find some kind of meaning to their existence at the bottom of their WKD bottles.

Just before I was about to make my way to the kitchen, a large space clear as soon as you walked through the front door, Matty stood beside me.
"Do you want a drink?" I asked him, although I had to repeat myself over the music.
"Driving" he dangled the keys in front of me, and I suddenly felt bad. I'm not saying you need to consume alcohol like everyone else to have an enjoyable time, but it can be pretty shit being the only sober one at a party full of drunk people that seem like they're so much happier than you.

"Come to the kitchen with m-" I was interrupted by the shout of a familiar voice.
"Maddie!" I heard, and looked up immediately, following the voice to see that it was in fact familiar - Armaan. He stood there in a grey hoodie and tight denim jeans, and, even though he'd just shouted another girls name louder than the booming speakers, a naïve part of me still hoped he was somehow here for me.

"Armie!" A high pitched voice practically shrieked from the doorway of the kitchen. Armie? Who is this bitch? Dramatically, to the point that I even second-guessed if I was imagining it or not, this girl - Maddie, who I'm assuming is the birthday girl - turned into some kind of Olympic athlete as she ran across the room, leaping into his open arms. I watched as he spun her around, kissing her forehead, and then putting her down.

My mouth was agape, and I wanted to stomp over there and kick him in the balls. He handed her a present, and I looked on in what I could only describe as anguish as she took his face in her hands, and kissed him like they weren't currently in a house full of onlookers.
My chest was heavy, stomach doing flips that felt like whatever was jumping inside of me was wearing the heaviest pair of Doc Martens sold.

I could feel Matty's hand on my shoulder, and when I turned to him, he was looking at the scene in front of us with an expression that said he was not at all surprised.
"E-Evie, this is what I didn't want to happen." He was still rubbing my shoulder, but I shrugged him off upon understanding his words.
"Well, I'm definitely going to get drunk now."

Confronting Armaan wasn't even on my mind as I left Matty behind in the foyer, shakily making my way into the kitchen, quickly approaching a group of people pouring drinks.
"The strongest shit you've got, gimme it."
The blonde haired girl opposite me was staring at me like I'd just started stripping for her, but after a few seconds, she snapped out of it and handed me a red cup.

I necked whatever the fuck was in the cup all in one go, ignoring the burning sensation of the warm liquid as it travelled down my throat. But, the drinks didn't stop coming.

Matty's POV

Beating the crap out of Armaan again, I decided, was not a plausible idea, but it didn't feel right doing nothing. I knew I should have followed her, but I didn't want her to grow any madder with me than she already was. George and Adam had buggered off somewhere, Ross was dancing with Zahra a few rooms away, and as far as I was aware, Evie was in the kitchen getting drunk.