Our Red Box 13

"Can I call you Ko?" Yamaguchi asked since he had the tendency of giving people nicknames even if they weren't close.

"Oh uh yeah sure" he was a bit surprised since no one besides his family had given him a nickname. And also even more confused when he based it on his first name.

"Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable! I usually give people nicknames without noticing!" Yamaguchi started rambling and Watanabe started laughing "?"

"I know you're pretty funny," Watanabe said "So mind telling me your name now?" He asked.

"Ah! My name is Yamaguchi Tadashi!" Yamaguchi replied.

"Well since you gave me a nickname can I call you Dashi?" Watanabe asked with a smirk on his face.

"Of course!" This had been the first nickname Yamaguchi had gotten so he was excited to immediately click with someone besides Tsukishima.

The two boys talked about their teams and were just having a great time but to their surprise, they had wasted the whole lunchtime just talking with each other.(Kurro lied and kept Tsukishima longer)

"Aww looks like it's time to go back to the gym," Yamaguchi said pouting

"Damn this is the first time I actually really got invested in a conversation" Watanabe replied.

"Ha ha! Do you wanna sit together during our next break too?" Yamaguchi asked while throwing his bag over his shoulder.

"Yea! I mean if you don't mind?" Watanabe then also got up from his seat.

"Of course, I don't mind! Let's just meet before coming to the cafeteria so we don't lose each other!" Yamaguchi replied.

"Alright!"

The two boys walked together back to the entrance of the gym but separated since they had to go with their team.

"Ah! Yamaguchi, where were you?" Takeda asked. Turns out Yamaguchi was the last one of karasuno to get there.

"I'm sorry I was talking to a friend!" Yamaguchi said, running to his spot in line.

"Okay, now that everyone is here I can tell you guys what team we're going up against!" Coach Ukai said, "We are going up against a team we've played before and that team was Nekoma!"

The team was excited to show Nekoma all the new tricks they had learned after their defeat in their previous match.

.

..

...

..

.

Fortunately for karasuno Nekoma had also learned new tricks and Lev the 6'4.5 foot giant had gotten better at spiking sin total Nekoma had beaten Karasuno by two points.

"GAHHH HOW DID LEV BECOME SO GOOD???" Hinata was extremely mad and was throwing a fit.

"Maybe because he was practicing on this he needed to improve and you wanted to perfect the things you had already perfected," Yamaguchi said, he saw all the improvement Lev and the other people of Nekoma had also improved a lot.

"Woahh did Tsukishima's saltiness rub off on you?" Tanaka and Noya both said in unison.

"The hell you say?!" Tsukishima then went on making fun of the idiot duo

Yamaguchi was growing more nervous since he thought that the only thing that was keeping them on the fence with all the other strong teams was Hinata and Kageyama. But if Nekoma could block Hinata's spike he imagined all the other stronger teams that were out there. He thought maybe that morning's win was a fluke, maybe they got too cocky and did not practice enough, maybe just maybe karasuno had become fallen champions again.

.

..

...

..

.

All the teams had finished all their matches for the day and were heading either to the cafeteria or outside. Karasuno was only able to win a handful of matches; the rest of the games they played were all just losses.

"Yo Dashi!" Yamaguchi heard a familiar voice and looked behind him to see Watanabe

"Oh! Hi Ko! Do you wanna go outside? There are fewer people there!" Yamaguchi scurried over to Watanabe completely forgetting about the team that he was walking with.

"Yeah, sure I have my bento in my bag either way" Watanabe replied.

"So you already befriended the enemy huh?" Tanaka appeared behind Yamaguchi which caused Watanabe to pull Yamaguchi and hide him behind his back.

"Tanaka-san what are you doing?" Yamaguchi asked, still behind Watanabe.

"He's trying to scare him with the lack of brain cells he has," Tsukishima said. "By the way, I need to have lunch with Kuroo and Bokuto since I made a deal, sorry," Tsukishima said.

"That's okay! I'm having lunch with Ko!" Yamaguchi exclaimed.

Yamaguchi scurried to the gym door and went outside.

"Okayimsoglabigotoutsideintimebecauseiwouldintknowhowtoendtheconversation" (Translation: Okay I'm so glad I got outside in time because I wouldn't know how to end that conversation)

"Guess I learned a new thing about Dashi," Watanabe said "You're extremely awkward!"

"You just realized???" Yamaguchi replied

"Ha ha! I realized yesterday but today just confirmed it." Watanabe said "C'mon let's go sit on the bench"

The two boys left to go to the bench and started eating their bento.

"I guess there's only one bench," Yamaguchi said

"Lucky we're the only ones out here" Watanabe replied

"Actually kenma-san is here" Yamaguchi looked over at the other side of the bench and they both saw Kenma with his phone and he had headphones in.

.

..

...

....

.....

....

...

..

.

-Omg two uploads in one week 😧 hehehehehehehe yeah so I got like really bored during lunch bc I had to sit at the late table again 😢 This is short tho bc I want to leave that for next week! And as I'm writing this, my Spanish teacher is giving out free dating advice 👍 Anyway I don't have much to say so yk I'll be like not annoying, and end it here. So like always please stay safe out there and take care byeeeeeeeeeeee!