1

"The sun is gone, but I have a light"

"LUNA!", the very well missed voice of my grandma filled my ears as I stepped into the infamous Forman living room.

"Hi grandma!" I smiled before going in for a hug.

"LEIA! Congrats the buds are blooming." She greeted my sister next.

"Boy you guys are getting tall." My grandpa decided to make himself present.

"Hi grandpa!" Leia and I spoke in unison.

Everyone finished with the greetings and I went upstairs to unpack.

"Luna, wanna go shoot some hoops?" Leia asked with her head peaking through the door frame.

"Nah, have fun though." I spoke with a small smile.

Don't get me wrong, Leia's great. I just wasn't too thrilled with the idea of being in Point place. I don't have that many friends back in Chicago but at least I had the corner book store. My only friend was the owner, Joe, sure he was older than my grandpa but he and I would spend hours talking about our favourite classics. I wouldn't trade it for anything. He knows more about me than anyone does.

"Luna? Dear, I made some cookies if you would like some." My grandmas voice brought me back into reality.

"Yes! I'd love some!" I smiled and followed my grandma downstairs.
________________________________

"LUNA! Luna! Luna!"

"What do you want Leia?" I mumbled after being awoken.

"Check it out!"

My eyes fluttered open only to be met with a smirk.

"YOU PIERCED IT?!" My eyes were so wide I swear they could burst.

Leia's hand shot to cover my mouth, "SHH! I haven't shown mom and dad yet."

"0h my God! Dads going to shit his pants!" I began to laugh.

"He so is." Leia spoke before joining me in laughter.

"How'd you do it?" I asked with a head tilt.

"Gwen! She lives next door and she's like the coolest person I've ever met! You have to meet her! She invited me over again today, please please please!"

I wanted to say no, but it was so hard to when Leia looked at me like the world would collapse if I did.

"Fine." I swear I've never seen her so happy, she must really like her.

"I'll go get ready and meet you downstairs and we can go?" I smiled and watched Leia leave the room with a small nod.

A sigh escaped my mouth and got up to pick out an outfit. My eyes landed on a red plaid skirt and I decided to pair it with a black tank top. I slipped on my Mary janes and went downstairs.

"WHO IS GWEN AND WHY IS SHE POKING HOLES IN YOUR PEFECT FACE?"

Yikes.

"She lives next door, that's where I'm going right now. I'm taking Luna with me too!" Leia ended her sentence with a small smile.

"Are her parents home?" My dad interrogated.

"No but her older brother is." Leia answered.

"Honey, you're really not helping your case." My grandma added.

"Cmon dad, we will be 20 feet away and if Leia likes this girl I'm sure she's worth liking." I chimed in.

I guess I changed my dads mind because he agreed, we just had to be home for the fireworks.
________________________________