2

"The day is done, but I'm having fun"

WE SAT on top of the water tower watching the fireworks.

Nate and Nikki were coddled together in the corner while Leia and Gwen sat swinging their feet over the edge.

I stood watching the fireworks, they really were mesmerizing.

I was pulled away from them when Jay stood beside me. "Hey girl."

I looked over with a smile.

"You don't talk much, do ya?" He asked.

"Nope." I smiled while popping the p.

"I love it when you do. I could listen to your voice for hours."

I felt my gaze soften and I began to blush.

"Thanks Jay." I spoke just above a whisper.

We both turned to the sky and stood in a comfortable silence. I'd catch myself looking away to admire the way his eyes sparkled when a firework would go off. He was mesmerizing.
________________________________

THE walk home Leia told me all about how she wanted to propose the idea of staying for the summer to mom and dad. I thought it was the best idea I've ever heard.

"I'm really glad you are finally meeting new people Luna." Leia smiled.

"Me too." I smiled back with a certain brunette on my mind.

"Is that beer?!" When opened the door to be met with our angry dad.

"Yeah. I spilt the rest coming down the water tower." Leia stated.

"The water tower?! What the hell!" I swear a vein was about to pop.

"Eric let me handle this." My mom spoke
before continuing, "the water tower?! What the hell!" I simply nodded in return.

"We had a great time and we don't want it to end. So I know you won't like hearing me say this but we want to stay in point place for the summer." Leia suggested.

"That took lots of courage girls! I'm impressed." Our mom praised.

Eventually we had everyone on board except our dad, he was going to be tough to persuade.

"Listen pals, in the space of one day Leia has gotten her nose pierced, You've both gotten beer and you've gotten extremely snippy. So no, you know what? You can forget it!" My dads voice projected.

"I knew you were going to be like this! I'm not getting into that car tomorrow! You can't make me!" Leia screamed.

"Oh you're BOTH getting into that car or my foot is getting in BOTH of your asses!" Our dad closed the argument.

We walked away in defeat to the basement.

Not a while after our dad went up to us, "hi."

"What?" Leia asked.

"What happened to the nose ring?"

" It was a magnet, I sneezed and it fell down the drain." She responded.

"Well... I'm heartbroken." My dads voiced radiated with sarcasm before he continued.

"Back when I was your age, my friends and I pretty much lived down in this basement, we'd kill time, listen to music, do .. other things. I was sitting on those stairs right there when I fell in love with your mom."

"Oh God you didn't do it on those stairs too?" I asked with a disgusted face.

My dad quickly stated no. Thankfully.

"Look I've been thinking about it and I think you two should stay for the summer."

I couldn't believe it!

"REALLY?" Leia and I spoke in unison. After receiving confirmation a chorus of thank you's erupted from Leia and I. 
________________________________

"OK KIDS this basement is all yours!" My grandma's voice spoke with excitement.

"Lights on, shirts on, no dancing." My grandpa spoke bluntly. 

I giggled along with Leia, "no dancing? You're like the guy from Footlose."

My grandpa then gave us a hard stare and Leia turned to the group, "No dancing guys."

I sat on the couch as Jay hopelessly flirted with my grandma. Repulsed was an understatement as to how I felt.

Once he got rejected my grandma spoke, "If you get bored I found some old records and games of your dads, and a few magazines I don't think he wanted me to see but I got rid of them, all redheads he sure had a type." Again, repulsed.

Jay then came over and sat beside me flashing me a smile before digging through the bucket my grandma left.

Gwen then cheered while holding a brown bag, "your grandma just hooked us up!"

My jaw hung low and I didn't notice till Jay laughed and pushed it back up.

His hand lingered a little too long before his cheeks turned red and he turned away.
_______________________________

WE ALL sat surrounded around the brown bag,

"are we really doing this?" Jay asked.

"I don't know guys I mean look at my shirt!" Leia desperately tried to prevent the use of drugs.

"It's practically daring us to do it!" Gwen cheered.

They really didn't think that through I giggled at Gwen's inquiry.

"I think we should just say- woah." It didn't take a lot of convincing for Leia to finally give in.

"Has it hit you babe?" Nate asked Nikki.

"I don't think so, hey why is donkey kong a gorilla and not a donkey? They lied to us!" She replied.

I couldn't help but giggle into Jays shoulder.

He was busy with a rubber band, until he shot it and it flew away.

The look on his face was as sad as one you'd find at a funeral.

"It was there then it was gone just like love."
He spoke as tears flooded his eyes.

"It's just like Sheryl crow isn't actually a crow!" Nate brought me back to the others in the room.

"Hey do you guys want a snack? What would you guys like?" Leia asked.

"RASIN BRAN!" Gwen suggested with heart eyes.

Leia then disappeared up the stairs and the group sat in silence before deciding to get up aswell.

Not much later we found ourselves in our grandparents room, everyone seemed to think it was Leia's room.

"Nice sleepwear!" Jay picked up my grandmas nightgown.

I let out a laugh and everyone turned to me with furrowed eyebrows.

Everyone then found out it was my grandparents room and Jay held a sour frown.

"Oh hey guys! You're in my grandparents a room I never dared to step foot in my whole life!" Leia announced.

"It's cool that we're in here right?" Gwen asked.

"Totally!it's the summer let's have fun! We should do whatever we want, right?" She was soon answered by the blunt voice that belonged to Red Forman, "wrong."

I hope you guys are enjoying this story!

Mesmerizing   - Jay Kelso On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara