𝓸𝓷𝓮

ᴄᴇᴄᴇʟɪᴀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

My typical Saturday night.

Sitting on my bed, alone in my room, listening to music and completing schoolwork from the day before. My gaze was drawn to the photo of my mother on my bedside table. I knew my mother would disapprove the weekend activities that my rebellious brother engages in.

Despite my efforts, he had refused to listen to dad or me since she died. My father is a cop, and he has always been a stickler for the rules. He has also always been tough on Ronnie. Every time Ronnie went out, I worried that he wouldn't return safely or that dad would find him. I was aware of what occurred at those parties, though I would never admit it if questioned.

Music, alcohol, drugs.

I enjoyed dancing and listening to music, but alcohol and drugs were where I drew the line. I was fun, but not stupid. When all of those things come together, it's a recipe for disaster. Some people run from that type of danger, while others pursue it.

My brother Ronnie is well-known; he is an all-arounder, and his entire grade are considered his friends. His closest friends, however, were Bobbie and Susan. They snuck out, did drugs, and drank alcohol together. He was a goody two shoes before he went down that horrific path, and I looked up to him.

I had caught him sneaking out in the dead of the night once or twice, but I was sworn to secrecy because I loved my brother and didn't want him to hate me. I knew where he was going that night, and I knew how much trouble he was going to get into, but I swore I to never tell a soul.

"Cecelia" My father muttered

My head snapped in the direction of the door as I faced my distraught father who stood in the doorway.

My heart dropped and suddenly the music faded in my mind as my father spoke.

"It's Ronnie, " I knew right then and there my nightmare had come true.

I jumped off the bed and straight into my fathers arms, tears clouding my vision.

"He's gone honey" My father whispered.

I should have told someone.