𝓮𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

Cecelia searched the outskirts of town for the one flower she needed for her science experiment. She knew it grew in an odd patch of grass outside of town. Her attention was drawn to the ancient, abandoned factory mostly by sounds of crashing and screaming music.

She moved towards an opening after noticing Ren's yellow bug. She frowned as she leant against an old barrel, watching Ren leap and climb around. Throwing in a few dance moves now and again. He was truly wild.

Ren leapt from the level above, gripping a zip line-like chain. Cecelia was alarmed by how shaky the chain appeared to be. Ren fell to the ground with a heavy thud as the chain came to an end.

Cecelia gave the boy a sly grin. "Are you all right?" Cecelia called out, drawing Ren's attention to her. Ren smirked, still barely breathing. "What exactly are you doing here?" Ren inquired.

Cecelia explained while holding her science book in the air. "I'm looking for specific flowers." Ren responded with a nod. Cecelia paused for a bit.

"What was all that?" Ren gave Cecelia a somewhat sheepish expression when she asked the question. "Uh. I was blowing off steam. I'm sure you've done that as well, right?" Ren elaborates.

"Yeah. "I usually bake. " Cecelia explains, laughing at her absurd techniques. Ren lets out a chuckle before approaching the girl. "You bake?" Ren beams.

Cecelia smiles before meeting his dark brown eyes. "Yeah. Just ask Willard or Woody. I am a good cook." Cecelia continues strutting around the boy. The couple fall into a comfortable silence before Cecelia speaks up.

"Wanna see something?"

⚜  ⚜  ⚜

ᴄᴇᴄᴇʟɪᴀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

I step out of Ren's bug, taking in my favourite sight in Bomont - the water tower. Since it was discovered about 8 years ago, it has been a pretty magical place.

I climb the modest height of the tower, taking in the sunset in the sky. "Are you certain this is safe?" Ren yells at me. I give a small smile before leaning against the railing. "I'm certain. "Believe in yourself." I respond, my face cool from the breeze.

Ren climbs the ladder to stand alongside me, and I hear it creak. "It isn't that tall." But up here, I feel like I'm on top of the world." Ren's arms brush up against mine, I explain.

"It's a breathtaking view." He claims. I turn to face him. "My favourite place in this old, tiny town." I mention feeling the breeze's chill. Ren observes this and passes his jacket to me.

"No, it belongs to you. "I'll be alright." I try to decline, but I am unsuccessful. Ren wraps the jacket around my shoulders without further argument. My cheeks flush as I smile at the gesture.

"So, do you have any plans after graduation?" Ren inquires, interrupting the pleasant silence. I sigh as I recall the several false lies I've given to everyone in town. "I just want to get out of here." You know, live my life?" I explain.

"I haven't been here long, but that seems like a fantastic plan to me." Ren agrees. I laughed out loud. "How about you?" "Do you have any daring and exciting plans?" Looking into his beautiful brown eyes, I wonder. I suddenly find myself unable to breathe.

"Yeah. I'd like to travel a little and possibly buy a great apartment somewhere." Ren explains and smiles as he nods. He appears to be the type who might easily accomplish those tasks. After all, he was Ren.

"I had something I wanted to tell you." Ren brings this up. I'm puzzled when I look at him. What could he possibly have to say to me? As I peered into his eyes, my breath caught in my throat.

"I like you. "I really like you." He says this while nervously stroking the back of his neck. My eyes widen and a smile spread across my face. My cheeks are flushed.

"I like you as well, Ren." "I really like you." I blurted out, not thinking about what I was saying but knowing it was true. He smiles, and I suddenly feel warm and fuzzy inside. We continue to gaze each other in the eyes before leaning forwards.

In a powerful yet soft kiss, our lips meet. My arms are lightly wrapped around his neck, and his are draped around my waist. A smile spreads across our features as I break the kiss. We hold each other for a little while longer.

"I've always wanted to do that." Ren acknowledges. As our foreheads make contact, my smile broadens even more. "I'm glad you did." With a faint chuckle, I say.

"What does this make us?" Ren inquires. I have a vague answer for the same question.

"Well.....what do you want this to make us?" I question him hoping he will say the words I so desire to hear. "Well. Cecelia Jamison will you be willing to be my girlfriend?" He inquires.

I can't stop myself from kissing his lips. He understood just what I needed to hear.

"I will be your girlfriend, Ren McCormack." I respond as Ren lifts me into the air.

As I giggle, the sky turns orange. Ren spins me around some more before kissing my lips and setting me down. We link arms while he tells me about his day.

I listen to each word as if it is the last thing I will ever hear. I cant help but smile while replaying the previous moments in my head.

I was thankful for Ren McCormack. He was my light.

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ:

I am back in business. It has been a while. I am concluding TGM fic any day now and I'm quite excited. I will be focusing on getting this one finished now. I am sorry I have not updated in so long, but I will be making regular updates now. Don't be worried. Until next upload.