𝓼𝓲𝔁

ᴄᴇᴄᴇʟɪᴀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

I sat in a booth, talking to Rusty, we smile at each other before I turn back to my fries. Uncle Claude fries were the best in Bomont, without a doubt in mind.

My head snaps in the direction of the door as Woody, Willard, Woody's Girlfriend and Ren enter the diner.

"Cel" Woody greets me giving me a fist bump before heading to the counter to speak to Uncle Claude. Willard and Reb approach our table smiles on their faces. Willard takes a seat next to rusty, stealing a fry from my plate.

"Hey! Will you didn't ask" I reason, he ignores me as Ren takes a seat next to me. "Get your fingers out of my pie!" Rusty scolds Willard as Ren snatches a jalapeño from the top of the pie.

Ren turns to me, grinning mischievously before snatching a fry of my plate. "Ren, go steals someone else's fries" I exclaim.

"No, your fries are better than everyone else's fries" Ren reasons, I slightly blush. He was talking about the fries, why am I blushing.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts at the sound of Ren's voice. "Wait, you got a ticket for Dancing?" Ren exclaims. "He got two tickets for dancing" Woody's girlfriend explains.

"One more and he's off the team" She continues. I nudge Ren as he moves out of the seat. I follow close behind, joining the gang as we make our way outside.

"No cops let's get it" Woody exclaims. I smile, I love watching everyone dance without a care. I occasionally put on my dancing shoes and groove, but I don't want to get caught.

"It's clear, let's go" Woody says as the speakers belt out a tune. "Back it up, back it up" I catch a glance noticing Ariel and Chuck exiting his truck.

I walk in front of Ren as I come to a stop. "Whoa" Ren says, shocked with the talent surrounding him. "Yeah, come on. Don't want to miss it" I exclaim, dragging him by his arm closer to the forming circle of people.

"Woody!" I cheer, leaning against a car. Ren looks back at us in shock. "Yeah dude... they get into it" Willard explains.

"Hey you. Lets go" Woody's girlfriend exclaims. Taking Ren's hand. "You should go out there Cel, we wanna see you dance." Willard encourages me.

"You know I don't dance that much anymore Will" I reason. I was lying to my heart, I wanted to dance.

"Me and my boys are gonna push everyone back. Let me see you do that city boy thing" Woody says to Ren over the loud music. I smile in anticipation.

As Ren Dances I smile. He is really talented. My mood is soon disrupted as I watch him dance towards Ariel. She leans against a car as he dances in front of her. She was using him to make Chuck jealous. They dance out to the middle of the circle together. I felt a jealous feeling creeping up my spine.

Woody notices as my eyes continue to follow their every move. He nudges me offering his hand. Without a second thought I crack a smile as I take it. He spins me around, laughing with me as we dance around each other.

I catch the eyes of Reverend Shaw in the window of the Diner. He too was watching Ariel and Ren dance. Ariel was in deep shit. As me and Woody dance our way back to Rusty and Willard, Ren comes storming over. He cracks a slight smile watching me and Woody dance in sync.

The music suddenly stops. A voice rings out over the speaker system. "Attention, Attention. Ariel Moore, will you please come up to the front of the diner. Your daddy is here for you." Uncle Claude finishes.

"Shows over." Ariel mutters walking past.

I watch her walk to her father standing outside the diner. "Daddy gon take her out to the wood shed." Willard states as Ren's face clouds with confusion.

"What the hell does that mean?" Ren questions. "It means she is in deep shit" I answer before turning to walk with Rusty.

"You still got it you know" Woody says nudging me with a smile. I smile in response. "It feels like I never lost it" I answer as Ren comes up beside me. "I'll see you boys later" I say with a smirk before following Rusty to the car.

As is settled in the passenger seat of the car as Rusty smiles and turns to me. "If Ren watched you dance longer I bet he would fall for you big time you know." Rusty admits. "What are you talking about?" I ask dumbfounded.

"I see the way you look at each other. I can feel the young love in the air." Rusty continues starting the engine of the car, pulling out of the diner. I smile to myself