14

The atmosphere surrounding the group was awkward. No one knew what to do or where to look.

"Wow, this guy has gone crazy," Niragi said, a smirk still planted on his face.

The man wasn't fazed by anything anyone said. He could be insulted but his facial expression wouldn't change.

"We're the citizens of this country." His voice was smooth and he sounded as if he didn't care.

Arisu tilted his head slightly out of confusion. "The Citizens?"

"Yes. The Citizens." He did a slight nod towards Arisu.

"That's insane. We're all humans." Kuina spoke.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." He replied casually as he started to walk around slowly. "I'm the leader of this team. We made this game. It was developed by him, Shitara."

The five of them looked over to the man who had a mullet - he gave them a wave before responding. "This is the first time someone will be playing it. We've never played it ourselves.

Hana's brows furrowed together, her mouth was slightly hung open as she tried gathering all the information that was just said. "So, we'll be playing against you, the Citizens, in this game?"

Kyuma took a glance at Hana. "That's right. All of the face cards are death matches against the Citizens of this land."

He continued to walk around again. "The team that loses will die. In other words, these games are serious affairs, even for us Citizens."

Kyuma stopped in his spot before turning around to look at the group. "Shall we begin?"

No one answered which made Kyuma give a slight smirk followed by a shrug. "This is the game we will be playing."

He pointed towards the billboard in the distance. The sign flashed a card and text on the screen. The difficulty for this game was a King of Clubs.

The game itself then flashed up on the screen - Osmosis.

Arisu's focus was on the screen. "Osmosis.."

Once everyone got a full look at the screen, Kyuma turned to face them once again. "The rules are very simple. There's a two-hour time limit. We battle each other for points, and the team with the most points, in the end, will clear the game."

He continued, "Both teams will start with 10000 points. You will divide those points among the players before the game starts."

As Kyuma explained the rules the screen also flashed pictures. "You can divide as you please, but you must start with at least 100 points. Be careful with how you decide. The number of points you start with is important."

Kyuma looked to them again - he continued to explain how to retrieve points. It was either through battles, items, or a base.

"Wait." Kuina raised her hand slightly.

"Yes, what's your question?" Kyuma pointed towards the girl.

"This doesn't make any sense." Kuina sighed, Hana nodded in agreement with her.

"Yeah, it doesn't." Hana added.

And with this Kyuma explained everything with the points for those who were confused (..which was everyone). He also explained how getting points would work.

"To battle someone you just need to touch them." Kyuma demonstrated by walking up the Niragi and touching his shoulder, Niragi shook him off.

"Whoever has the most points will win. The winner will gain 500 points from the loser."