20

Hana held on to the bar despite her sweaty hands making her slip down slowly.

The girl looked down and noticed the ladder-like metal bar below. She knew she had to jump down.

Hana took a second to breathe before finally letting herself fall and clinging to the ladder. "Oh fuck!"

She didn't let herself get distracted, though, and instead started to climb down. She didn't hear the woman anymore but was that a good or bad sign?

Almost as if the universe answered her question, the Queen suddenly jumped and pushed Hana to the ground (luckily she wasn't that high up).

Hana let out a groan from the impact, she was tired at this point as the Queen kicked her once in the side.

"Everyone's concerned about their lives more than that kid and joined the Queen's team." She said, "Nobody wants to kill a kid but.."

The woman trailed off, her voice laced with venom. "..it's different when it's your own life on the line, right?"

Hana looked at the woman yet the pain in her side was fighting to take over her attention.

"We value our own lives more than others. That's just how humans are and will forever be." The Queen reminded her.

Hana laughed. "Well, I can tell that you've never known anybody that's precious to you, hm?"

The woman's facial expression suddenly changed to a serious look, she was angry. "I absolutely despise hypocrites like you."

The Queen kicked Hana side again, making her roll over in pain.

"If this kid is so precious to you then die together." She said, loud enough so that the little boy could hear. "But, I know that you'll change your mind sooner or later. You'll see."

The woman took a hand full of Hana's hair and pulled it back before smashing her face off of the ground.

Hana cried in pain. "We're gonna live."

"Believe what you want." The Queen smirked before getting up and running off.

"Hey!" The little boy sprinted over to Hana and crouched down. "Are you okay?"

Hana sat up carefully, then taking the boys hand into her own. "Don't you worry about me, okay? I promise I won't let anything happen to you."

The boy looked at her. "I won't let anything happen to you either, Ms."

Hana couldn't help but smile at his words. "Thank you. Just stay here for now, okay? I have to go find someone."

The boy nodded before Hana stood up and ran off.

──────

Hana ran until she reached one of the yellow metal bars and looked down for someone, she was pleased when she saw Arisu standing there and looking up at her.

"Hana!" He shouted.

"Wait there! I'm coming down." Hana limped away, the pain still stirring in her side, but she fought it.

She quickly made her way down to Arisu, she needed to tell him what the plan was going to be.

"Arisu!" Hana limped over to him before falling down. "Shit."

Arisu crouched down beside her, a worried expression was on his face. "Are you okay, Hana?"

"I'm okay, just tired." That wasn't entirely a lie, but she had to fight through the pain. "I have an idea. Come with me."

Hana took Arisu's hand into hers before running off with him. They needed this game to be over and them winning.

The two of them ran through the whole arena, even crouching at one point to get by somewhere. That's when Hana noticed three of the Queen's members standing around and talking to one another.