16

Another day had passed by and the three of them didn't do anything as they were still mourning the loss of Tatta.

Niragi abandoned them when the game ended but they didn't care since they weren't fond of him anyway.

It was currently night for them - the group was gathered around a fire for warmth.

Kuina was helping Hana with her wounds. "There you go. That should help a bit."

"Thank you." Hana sent her a small smile.

"When I heard Kyuma's last words, I realized something." Arisu's voice made the two girls look over. "They were originally players too. But now, they had become citizens and worked here now. It means... even if we clear those games, we'll be stuck here."

Hana felt her stomach drop - was there really no way back? That had to be impossible. They got here somehow, there had to be some way back.

"The world that we once came from... might not exist anymore." Tears started to form in Arisu's eyes. "Did I really.. kill Tatta for that?"

Arisu's head hung down now, the sadness dawning over him.

"You didn't kill Tatta. Nobody did." Hana told him. "You shouldn't blame yourself."

"And the stuff about the world can't be true. I'm sure we can go back. I'm going for it. I'll keep playing the games, for Tatta's sake too." Kuina said.

———————————————

"You're leaving?" Hana looked up at Kuina who was getting ready to head out. "Are you sure you'll be okay?"

"I'll be okay. I'm just worried for Chishiya and Ann. I'm going to look for them." Kuina said as she prepared her backpack for the long journey. "We're going to need more teammates to defeat the King of Spades. If we can clear even one game, we'll be closer to our goal."

Hana watched as Kuina zipped up her backpack, that same worried feeling hung over her.

Kuina looked over and happened to notice Hana's expression. "Don't you worry. I swear we'll meet again someday day."

Hana smiled as she walked over to the girl and hugged her. "Take care of yourself, Kuina."

Kuina soon broke the hug. "Don't worry about me. You need a break." Arisu! Take care of Hana."

Arisu looked over and Kuina and gave her a little nod.

"Okay, you two take care of yourselves. Let's meet again soon." Kuina sent them both a wave before walking off.

Hana couldn't help but feel a tad bit emotional from the girls exit. She really liked Kuina's company. She seemed like a true friend.

She just hoped they could meet again like Kuina had said before leaving.

———————————————

The day passes by slowly but it was finally night again. Hana was sitting by the fire while Arisu was a few feet away and laying on the ground.

Hana assumed Arisu needed some alone time since he was quite upset before, so she decided to leave him alone.

Arisu's focus was directed up at the sky, but his thoughts were filled with memories from the past.

———————————————

"Stop it with all that zombie talk," Karube said as he inhaled the cigarette.

"If zombies were to appear then Karube would definitely survive." Arisu joked. "One punch and it's over."

"You'd be the one to survive." Karube was serious now. "I'm sure it would be you."