23

"Are you gradually returning back, Hana?"

Hana opened her eyes after what felt like a moment and noticed someone in front of her. It wasn't Mira or Arisu, but a different person- someone unknown who was dressed as a a doctor, it was strange. "Who are you?"

"I'm Dr Tanaka, your therapist," The woman said. "You've been suffering ever since your brother died, as well as your two friends-"

"Arisu isn't dead," Hana interrupted. "I know he isn't. I know this stupid mind game. You can't trick me."

"Oh, Hana," The doctor tilted her head, a compassionate look on her face. "You've been seeing him ever since the accident. That's normal, it's okay. That's why I'm here to help you."

"Stop it," Hana banged her fist on the table. "I don't want your help. I'm fine, perfectly fine. I just want to go home."

The doctor look straight at Hana, a smile playing on her face. "You can go home. Of course you can, Hana. You just need this first."

Dr Tanaka pushed a pill across the table as well as a glass of water. 

Hana eyed the mysterious pill - of course she wasn't going to take it, but it was strange. What was happening?

"No," Hana growled. "I'm not taking this."

"Hana, oh Hana," Doctor Tanaka spoke softly, "I know how-"

The doctor was cut off for a moment when someone called for her, she quickly excused herself and shut the door, leaving Hana by herself.

"Find him," Hana told herself. "Find Arisu."

For a moment her eyes lingered on the pill. She was curious on what it would do - if she could actually go home, or if it meant that it would put her in a deep sleep forever.

Hana shook the thoughts from her head before getting up and walking over toward the door. This was her only chance before the Doctor came back.

She quickly turned the knob on the door and opened it, then stepping out.

There was a long hall with doors on every side. It wasn't very bright, but you were able to see until the very end of the hall.

Hana took a few quiet steps down the hall until she heard talking from one of the rooms.

The door was opened ajar so she decided to take a peak inside. 

"You continue to find the desire to what this place is and your desire to know why you exist eventually become intertwined," Mira was speaking to Arisu. She was dressed in a doctor's uniform. "Does anyone in this world need you?"

Hana's eyes fell on Arisu who was crying - his cheeks were stained with tears as hit bit his lip to prevent sobs from escaping.

"Does your existence in this world mean anything?" Mira asked, "But now, you're the one who survived."

"My life.. is utterly meaningless," Arisu sobbed. "Those guys are the ones who should've survived. Karube, Chota... Hana didn't deserve to lose her brother. But instead it was me, whose life is pointless, survived. I shouldn't be alive."