"Marked aftermath"

—"Ugh... Seriously how long do I have to keep this on my face?!"— you complained under your breath with a sulky expression.

—"Just a week or two more (Y/N), the doctor said that the burn marks still severe and need treatment."— your aunt replied calmly.

The two females were in the hospital, (Y/N) was laying on the hospital bed while her aunt Catherine, was sitting next to her. It was already Saturday afternoon, the day post Halloween. The teen had the left upper part of her face bandaged, as well as part of her left arm and part of her back.

—"Not gonna lie, I heard that hot oil can cause burn marks... But I've never expected them to be this severe."— you confess whilst taking a glance at your bandaged arm.

—"Yeah me neither, the doctor said that the oil that scumbag spilled on you was extremely hot, but what angers me the most is the fact that he also hit your back with the fucking pan."— she angrily huffs the last part. —"God I wished my bro was here to wipe the ass of that donkey."—

—"Auntie please don't start it again and don't bring dad into this, I am angry as well at Ronnie, but at least I managed to protect Michael, doctor said that the impact would be deadly to a young child like him, so let's try to focus on the positive things."— you calmly reply, trying your best to soothe her mood. —"How is Michael by the way?"—

Catherine sighs, trying to relax, but as soon as she heard the little boy's name her gaze turned into a thoughtful one.

—"He's fine, everyday he swings by your house, always asking about you or how you're doing. And... It meant to be a surprised but he was supposed to come yesterday as visit you..."—

—"Wh-what?! Really?!"— you slightly jumped whilst sitting up. —"Well... He haven't showed up, has he? Did something happened?"— you asked with a puzzled expression, you knew it was really out of Michael's character not to try to see you.

—"I'm not sure... I spoke to his mom ones, a really nice lady. She said that she would be back home sooner on Friday and they would visit you. But guess they changed their plans..."— Catherine theories.

—"Do you think Ronnie...?"— you ask, being more concern now.

—"Nah, Michael probably got too distracted by the Halloween spirit, maybe his mother spent the holiday taking him trick or treating? You said it was favorite event after all."—

—"Oh... Yeah you are right! It must be it, I am honestly glad he decided to spend Halloween with Deborah instead of coming here, don't want him to see me cosplaying as a cheap mummy."— you laugh and scratch the back of your head, feeling a bit more relieved.

—"I'm sure he would appreciate your 'costume'."— she replies in a teasing tone.

The teen and her aunt kept chatting about random subjects, until they get interrupted by a knocking on the door. When the door opened one of the nurses entered and right after her... Doctor Loomis?

—"Here she is, (Y/N) (L/N)."— the nurse politely points at you and the doctor just nods.

—"Good afternoon (Y/N). Do you have a moment to talk?"— Loomis calmly asks.

—"Uh... Yeah, I guess."— you reply awkwardly and a bit unwilling, already expecting what kind of conversation you two would have.

—"{Is that the 'creepy-looking-doctor-dude' you talked about?}"— your aunt asks in a low voice, you just nod.

—"I would appreciate if we talk in private, it won't take too long."— he casually mentions whilst glancing at Catherine.

The teen and her aunt exchange looks, unsure about it. But Catherine ends up sighing and standing up.