"The Devil shall fall"

—"{Joseph?!}"— you whisper in shock.

—"{No, the mailman.}"— he sarcastically huffs and looks at you with serious eyes. —"{Is Myers in here?}"—

—"{Yes.}"— you nod. —"{Went upstairs after some teens that came in to do the... Deed.}"—

Despite (Y/N)'s bizarre telling, Joseph barely reacted and just sighs in disappointment.

—"{So they did came here despite all my warnings... Guess natural selection will do it's job now.}"— he glances at the staircase and then at you before yanking the paper mask off your face. —"{And take this shit off, it's freaky.}"—

An ear piercing scream was heard from upstairs, meaning that Michael finally took action. A bit more panicked (Y/N) grabs Joseph's forearm.

—"{YOU need to get out of here if you don't want to end up like those from upstairs.}"—

The female was about to move but Joseph stops her, after looking into the detective's dark eyes she knew that he had a plan, and it requieres HER participation.

. . .

Michael was breathing heavily whilst going downstairs, adrenaline still running through his veins after the fresh kill. This time he was slightly more brutal with his attack, all because these two morons had the audacity to come and not only do disgusting things but also interrupt the moment of peace with (Y/N)?! Yeah his anger is totally justified.

After stepping into the living room and not seeing (Y/N) on the couch, the tall man let's out a low growl whilst gripping the bloody knife tightly. She... She is gone!? She escaped?! Did she just... LEFT him?!... Why?! Why would she do such thing? She... She left him too...? W-what did he do wrong?! Wasn't he being good enough again? Did she even cared...? Di-

—"Oh, h-hey Michael. O-over here!"—

(Y/N)'s shaky voice snapped the tall man back to reality. He quickly looks in the voice's direction, spotting the female peaking out from behind an old drawer.

—"S-sorry for freaking you out, I just heard that one of the teens was running a-and I was afraid that he would come downstairs so I hid, j-just in case so I won't be in y-your way."— you stutter, feeling quite intimidated by his imposing bloody figure.

(Y/N) wasn't just intimidated by Michael's tense appearance, but also afraid at the idea of being discovered. The plan Joseph told her is simple; distract Myers and keep him inside the house until the backup arrives, just as easy as that. Of course the female felt bad for deceiving and playing with Michael's trust like that... But it's ether this or she is going to be 100% accused to be his partner in crime, and who knows what punishment she would have.

Michael begins to slowly relax, his posture becoming stiff but not as tense and his breathing gets slower and quieter. You couldn't tell by his body language, but in the inside, Michael was quite ashamed of himself for distrusting (Y/N) that easily, already deducing the worst. Stupid him, of course his (Y/N) would never betray and leave him, she promised to always be there for him. She would never break her promise, right?

—"I Uh... I-Is it safe for me to come out?"— you casually wonder.

The tall man gives a small nod. Whilst the female was coming out from her hiding spot, Michael was quick to notice that the mask he made for her was on the ground. He gives (Y/N) a look, she couldn't see his eyes through the mask but she could tell he was confused, almost hurt. Shit! She forgot about the mask- Quick! She must invent an excuse.