"Strangely perfect timing"

There they were. (Y/N) still gently caressing and playing with Michael's hair whilst staring at the ceiling and questioning her life decisions that leaded her to this situation; laying on an old dusty couch inside of an abandoned building whilst being strongly and security embraced by a murder who results to be a kid she used to take care 15 year ago... She almost laughed at how absurd and surreal it sounds.

When she realizes that Michael doesn't plan to move anywhere anytime soon, she began to look around and taking in her surroundings, the living room almost looked the same. Yes some items and furniture were missing or broken, but overall everything was the same, just like the last time she came here... Right before getting her body bathed in burning oil.

The female then focuses her gaze on the tombstone next to them, and ver eyes widened when she read the name on it...

"Deborah Myers"

(Y/N)'s heart shrunk and suddenly everything inside of her mind clicked. Despide how eerie and gruesome this must look, the female finally understood what Michael just did... He's trying to recreate the moment when the three of them were together, the moment he always claimed to feel good and... Happy.

A wave of nostalgia crept inside (Y/N)'s chest, she remembers the rare occasions Deborah would invite her to spend the afternoon in their residence, just to talk or watch a movie together whilst Ronnie was somewhere out. These were really warm and nice memories, Deborah always was like a mother figure for (Y/N) and she can't forget the devastation she felt when Deborah... Well, unalived herself.

She looks at Michael, who surprisingly wasn't staring intensely at her, instead he was nuzzling into her shoulder with his eyes closed, his grip on her body firm and tight, almost desperate to keep her close. She sadly frowns under the paper mask, he suffered for so long...

(Y/N) didn't even noticed that one of her hands moved from Michael's hair right towards his face. Such actions made Michael react a bit harsh and he instantly flinched, making the female squeak and hurriedly retire her hands.

—"S-sorry! I- I just-..."— you stutter a bit.

She couldn't find the words, she had no idea why she wanted to touch his face, it just... Happened. Michael stares at her frightened figure for a moment or two, his icy blue eyes penetrating (Y/N)'s soul and looking for any motive to distrust her. But after seeing non, the large man slowly relaxes again and pulls the female close to him.

With a shaky sigh, trying to collect her composure again, the female relaxes as well and carefully moves her hand towards Michael's face, this time her movements were cautious so he doesn't feel crowded.

—"...Can I?"— you carefully ask, keeping your hand a couple of inches away from him.

Michael stares at her (e/c) eyes and with a soft huff he leans into her palm. As soon as his skin made contact with (Y/N)'s cold but soft hand, the man basically melted into her touch, his shoulders relaxin completely and his gaze softening.

(Y/N)'s breath slightly shook again, but she keeps her cool the best she can. She begins to move her thumb gently, caressing Michael's face, action that make the man relax even more and sigh contently.

—"Can I... See your face?"— you softly ask.

Michael pauses, but after some thinking he gives a small nod. He saw (Y/N)'s exposed face after all, so it's fair to allow her do the same, but she's most likely going to hate it... He is no longer as cute as he used to be, he look horrible like a monster, the devil, everyone in the sanatorium always reminded him that...