"The root of the problems"

Noises, faint and weak noises are everywhere... He tries to move, he can't. He tries to open his eyes to look around, he can't neither. His body is way too weak, he hates feeling weak...

He also feels cold, too cold. His arms feel empty. His chest feels heavy.

Something... No, someone important is missing, she's not close to him anymore... Where is she?... Where is he?

A sudden flash of light illuminated the room, making the maskless man cringe and try to look away but something stopped his body from moving. His eyes where closed but the sudden contrast still hurt.

If everything already seemed bad, what he heard next made things even worse...

—"What have you done to yourself, huh Michael?..."—

That voice... That god damn voice...

The boiling anger and hate made the man slowly regain the strength in his body, enough to open his icy blue eyes and face the one who ruined his and the ones he loves lives...

Tho... He notices that he can only see with one eye... Huh?

—"See you're awake... I didn't expect less from you. Since early years I knew you are more than a simple patient."—

The old man, Dr. Loomis, shook his head and began to walk towards the larger man.

—"Haven't seen your face in a long long time..."— he says thoughtfully. —"Your eyes are still the same abyss despite one of them being damaged, guess nothing changed."—

Michael wanted to look away, cover his face with his own hair but his body still didn't move. That's when he realized he was practically chained to his own bed. Now he wasn't wearing a simple belt with fragile chains, but a straight jacket that was reinforced with some extra chains and leather belts. The disrespect didn't stop there because he also had a collar that kept him chained to a wall, as well as a... Muzzle? ...What?

Loomis seemed to noticed Michael's light confusion and simply shrugs.

—"About that... Yeah, this sanatorium is not fooling around like Smith's Grove, they took notice of all your tricks and designed a system to prevent you from escaping."—

Michael throws a hateful glare at Loomis, thing that made the old man slightly flinch.

The doctor didn't see that coming from the large man since his patient would always zoon out durning their meeting and never acknowledged him, but now it's different... Absolutely all of Michael's attention was focused on Loomis.

—"So now you want to listen to me... That's new, did you missed me so much, Michael?"—

No response.

The old man simply sighs and walks even closer, standing practically next to the bed where Michael was chained to.

—"Why don't you ever want to talk to me, Michael? I've been there for you for years, I always told you can trust me and it's safe to open up... So why? Why you still refuse to do so?"—

Liar. It's never safe and never was. Loomis doesn't give a damn about what Michael wants or thinks, he is just a test subject and a wild animal that need to be observed and studied... There was no trust or intentions in helping him in the first place.

And as expected no answer or movement, silence and heavy breathing were the only sound coming from the large man. Loomis furrows his brows, clearly getting irritated.

—"I just don't understand, why you refuse to do anything for me yet you waited for 15 years to open up to (Y/N)? What does she have that I don't? Huh? What did she do to gain your trust?! Fucking answer Michael!"—