"Staying close, while we can"

Michael burst through the back door of (Y/N)'s house, still carrying her in his arms and not willing to let her go until Melanie arrives.

(Y/N) lazily lifts her head and looks around, her gaze sleepy and her body hot yet somehow shaking as if it was cold. When she recognizes she's home she looks at Michael's masked face with wide eyes.

—"How did... You do that?... Like... We were there..."— you lazily point towards the window. —"And now we're here... "— you now point at the floor.

If the moment wasn't so tense Michael would definitely think such innocent and clueless behavior is funny, but seeing how his girl is getting weaker with each second only made him more pissed and frustrated, where the fuck is her friend?!

Speaking of the devil, or the angel in this case, Melanie enters through the front door with a little bag and without wasting time she points towards (Y/N)'s room.

No words were said or needed, the tall man did as asked and took the sick female to her room, gently placing her on her bed.

—"Melanie... This dude is a... Mage... We just like... Teleported home!..."— you sleepily smile and then look at the ceiling. —"...The fuck is my house breathing?..."—

Melanie doesn't reply and takes a look at (Y/N)'s wrists, noticing the spot where that medicine was injected. She examines the spot for a couple of seconds but eventually leaves it be and takes another syringe out of her bag. At the sight of it, Michael suddenly grabs Melanie's wrist tightly and squeezes is a bit roughly, but the brown haired female manages to keep her cool, somehow.

—"It-It's okay. This substance will neutralize whatever (Y/N) has going on in her body. I can't tell what they gave her, but it's not a regular tranquilizer, at least not the one used in hospitals."—

The man stays unresponsive for a moment, but after glancing at (Y/N) again he eventually gives in and let go of Melanie's wrist.

Ones the medicine was given, (Y/N) seemed to be kinda relieved and her shaking and fever seem to cease.

—"Now all she needs is some rest, she should be alright in a couple of hours."— she calmly says.

Michael was about to grab Melanie by her collar and drag her out since she's no longer needed, or wanted. But the female was quicker than him and was already walking towards the door.

—"I know you're unpleased with others presence and I respect that. I'll come around later to give (Y/N) one final check."— she casually says before walking away.

Ones left alone, the masked man sits on the bed next to (Y/N) and just stares at her. Her form seemed tired and yet peaceful at the same time.

She looks so beautiful, even in this state.

Instinctively, he reaches to her hand and takes it into his bigger one and slightly squeezes it.

Something about this moment gave him a sense of dejavú; (Y/N) laying unresponsive whilst he's next to her, holding her hand and waiting, hoping for any reaction, and all of this after she protected him...

This realization upset Michael, no matter what he does (Y/N) will always somehow get in trouble because of him. Maybe Loomis was right after all? Maybe he is a disgrace and the devil himself who deserves nothing but punishment and death.

A light, barely noticiable squeeze puller Michael out of his thoughts. (Y/N) was pretty much asleep and the movement most likely was just a reflex, but it still helped the man to cool down a bit.