"A message with a price"

The whole morning (Y/N) spent in the cafe didn't help her inspiration AT ALL. Oh well, right now the female was waiting for Olivia to finish her shift and be able to take a walk together. To make the time go faster she was talking to Joseph.

—"So, anything interesting happened this month?"— you look at him whilst leaning your head in your hand.

—"Meh, more or less... The first crime I had to solve was related to fraud and shit. But the last one was related with kidnapping."— he pauses and takes a sip of his coffee. —"It ended up with the kidnapper receiving a piece of wood trough their skull."—

—"My god, how can you always be so calm talking about such things?"— your eyes slightly widened at his odd calmness.

—"One just gets used to it, kinda. I just don't think too much of it, overthinking can drive anyone crazy."— he shrugs and glances at you. —"Want to know how to act in case of being kidnapped?"—

—"Uh... Okay, I don't see any scenario or reason why anyone would do that unless is to hire me into a freak show but yeah sure."— you shrug as well.

—"Life taught me that it can be a complete madness, today everything is okay and tomorrow... I dunno, you can be assaulted by a criminal who used to be your neighbor that has a bear as a pet. That's a true story by the way, happened 2 year ago."—

—"Okay you definitely saw everything in life."—

And the conversation between Joseph and (Y/N) continued, it was common to share random tips between them, like Joseph teaching the female about criminology and (Y/N) teaching the male about the music and instruments. Even if this information was kinda useless it was a breath of fresh air to learn something new and random.

But the conversation stopped as soon as certain people entered the cafe, the (h/c) haired female wanted to smash her face against the table as soon as she recognized one them...

—"G'day Mr.Anderson, what can I get for you and your brother?"— Olivia walks towards them, keeping her cheerful voice.

These were the Anderson brothers, or at least this is how they were referred by (Y/N) and her friends. The older brother was named Logan Anderson, who was a tall 25 y/o man with short brown hair shaved on his sides, some marine tattoos on his skin and brown eyes. The younger brother was Caleb Anderson, a shorter and skinnier 22 y/o man with reddish messy hair, sickish pale skin and brown eyes as well. Caleb wasn't working as anything, but he was the voice of a small band he and some of his college friends made after dropping out as teens.

—"Well hello little miss, we both want the breakfast menu."— Logan says with a calm and polite voice.

—"Same here, tho can you make my coffee sweeter?"— Caleb adds with a smirk.

—"Sure, how sweet?"— Olivia writes down their order and glances up at the red haired man.

—"As sweet as she is."— Caleb's smirk gets wider when he points at you.

Olivia didn't reply, but she cringed so hard that her insides hurt. (Y/N) also heard that comment, which make her roll her eyes and facepalm herself of embarrassment. The (h/c) haired female had no idea why Caleb got so attracted to her but his unwanted and invasive attention had been taking place for a couple of months by now, and no matter how much she declined the male wouldn't give up, it became so tedious and annoying that the only presence or mention of Caleb would make (Y/N) cringe.

What took the female out of her embarrassing stare was the moment she saw one of the cafe workers come to Logan holding what seemed to be... A letter and some money?