Part 19

Two days later

Alex's POV

So the Volturi arrived in the Forks two days ago and Sam arranged a meeting to establish their rules for staying here. Like last time, Sam asked me to patrol with Blue but for Jasper to stay hidden with them and control the situation. 

I had a bad feeling that something was going to happen and because of this Isabella with Edward, Carlisle, Esme and Alice would find out that I was a vampire. They are supposed to meet today at 3:00 p.m on the treat line and it's only 10am so I have about 5 hours until the meeting. I still had time to finish the painting and eat something before I left and I couldn't forget my weekly blood dose along with Blue. Hopefully everything will go to plan and Isabella won't do anything stupid but time will only tell.

Five hours later

I managed to finish the painting in its entirety for the client and I can send it off in peace tomorrow after I apply the protective oil today when I return. 

Jasper left to meet the pack to discuss this meeting with the Volturi an hour ago and I decided to get ready for the patrol. I decided to dress in something comfortable as I suspect I will be doing a lot of running today and make myself something quick to eat.

 I decided to dress in something comfortable as I suspect I will be doing a lot of running today and make myself something quick to eat

I knew it might take them a while to have this conversation and I quickly prepared Blue for the patrol

I knew it might take them a while to have this conversation and I quickly prepared Blue for the patrol. We decided to start with places where people like to hunt and easy walking paths. We saw nothing but a few animals, a group of hunters and some walkers. 

Suddenly I heard something moving away from us at a fast pace. Immediately Blue and I went in pursuit of this vampire. I used my ground control to slow this person down and I saw a ball of reddish-red hair and immediately knew it was Victoria. 

I managed to knock her over to catch up with her but that unfortunately gave away my position. When she saw me she started running even faster than before 

'' Blue after her. Get her'' I said and we moved together towards her. Blue was a little faster than me so I hoped he could catch her. I quickly noticed that we were moving towards the meeting 

'' Blue warn Sam and Jasper be ready to catch her'' I said and Blue nodded. I saw his eyes darken a little and I knew he was communicating with Jasper or Sam. I could hear them already but I hoped we could catch her before we got there.

Jasper's POV

I sat in a tree not far from the meeting and used my powers to keep the wolves calm. The agreement was simple the Volturi would not hunt in the Forks or La Push and would not change anyone. 

The Volturi agreed after a longer conversation and I could see that they did not want to fight the Wolves. From the Volturi came 5 vampires : Gabriel together with the Elite Guard that is Jane, Alec, Demetri and Felix. 

I saw that from time to time Demetri was looking around as if he sensed me but couldn't quite decide where I was. I suspect it's the fault of the wolves or Alex's powers hiding me from Demetri's talent. What else I don't understand why Isabella is at this meeting I understand Cullens but why Isabella. 

Suddenly I felt a presence in my head and I knew it wasn't Edward '' Me and Alex are coming towards you. We are coming from the East and we are chasing Victoria get ready '' I heard Blue's voice in my head and I landed next to Sam. 

I can say I scared everyone a bit with this except Sam and Demetri because he sensed me '' Jazzy what are you doing here? Where have you been? '' I heard Alice ask but I didn't pay any attention to her. 

I looked over at Sam '' Did you hear '' I asked and Sam nodded and we clustered around. I could see that this confused the rest of us '' What are you guys talking about'' asked Gabriel '' Victoria is coming this way. We know because my soul sister and a vampire that the wolves trust is chasing her with her companion'' I said quickly. 

Before anyone could ask any more questions Sam fell to the floor and I saw Victoria jump over him not long after her Alex with Blue and I quickly joined the chase. I heard that the wolves were following us and jumped with Alex to the other side of the river this way we could chase them and attack from both sides. 

I saw Alex try to catch Victoria with water or hit her with air to knock her over but nothing worked as Victoria successfully dodged the attacks. I heard the others running after us but I wasn't paying attention to them suddenly we were only focused on catching Victoria and ending this madness. 

Suddenly Alex jumped into the trees and went high and I knew she was going to try and surprise Victoria with an attack from above. Suddenly I heard a noise from behind and Esme shouting '' Emmett no '' and a loud bang and I knew Emmett was trying to cross the river. 

This caused a distraction and gave Victoria a chance to escape but Alex and a few of the wolves continued to follow her. Sam approached us in human form and in a moment Jacob joined '' Victoria jumped into the water A followed her '' Jacob said and Blue ran up to him in large form and I nodded. 

I knew they had questions but I didn't feel like answering them so I quickly disappeared from there. I headed to Alex's house and found her there soaking wet and ready for a bath. 

When she came back from the shower she told me that when she jumped in the water she didn't see Victoria and couldn't sense her around her. We spent the rest of the day watching movies and spending quiet time together.