A ray of light

The rest of the weekend went by, and now it was Monday. Today, Mirabela would officially start her very own shift at Artsy Wonderland. Ramiro had just left for work, and the twins just left for college. Mirabela and Lorelei decided to kill the time by watching a movie.

"Are you excited to start your own shift at Artsy Wonderland, Mirabela?" Lorelei asked.

"Sí, Lorelei," Mirabela smiled. "I'm especially looking forward to teaching after-school art classes at the store this season.

"Good for you," Lorelei smiled. "I look forward to knowing what you'll be teaching."

"I'll probably teach kids to be creative with their work," Mirabela surmised. "I'm thinking of showing them how to paint simple objects with different colors, like draw an object in four boxes and paint it different colors in each box."

"Oh, fancy," Lorelei smiled. "Okay, honey, ready for a movie?"

"Ready," Mirabela replied. "I'm thinking Disney's Beauty and the Beast. It was always my mother's favorite, and mine, too."

"Sure," Lorelei smiled.

Mirabela put the DVD in the DVD player, and after skipping through the trailers, she and Lorelei watched the show.

Meanwhile, at Heartlake Community College, Calvin was in his math class, and the students were doing equations together.

"Poor girl's life is a living nightmare—losing her mother, leaving her home country, attracting the unwanted attention of an arrogant brute...she really needs a bright ray of sunshine," Calvin told a classmate.

"Wow, poor kid," his friend sighed. "I hope she'll be okay."

"Don't worry, Calvin," the teacher said. "I'm sure something special is out there, waiting for your sister."

"I'm sure of it, too," Calvin smiled.

Meanwhile, Holly was in her ballet class, and she was telling her friends how excited she was for today.

"He's going back to work today after being out sick last week," Holly squealed. "I can finally get back together with him!"

"Totally awesome, Holly," a friend grinned.

"I know," Holly squealed. "I'm so looking forward to marrying him!"

"I'm glad to know you look forward to getting back with your ex-boyfriend, Miss Hogan, but right now, what I look forward to is making sure you focus in class," the ballet teacher scolded.

"Yes, Madame," Holly said sheepishly.

The rest of the morning went by, and Calvin and Holly were done for the day. Bailey came with Lorelei and Mirabela to pick up the twins, and as per usual, they went off to meet Ramiro at the mall for lunch.

"Are you excited to officially start your shift at work, Mirabela?" Ramiro asked.

"Sí, Papi," Mirabela confirmed.

Holly didn't like how Mirabela was getting all the attention over her job, especially since she hadn't even started yet. "Well, I very much look forward to getting back with the love of my life, Pedro," she sighed dreamily.

"Holly, I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything, but have you considered whether Pedro wants to get back together?" Lorelei asked unsurely.

"Of course, Mother," Holly replied smugly. "Why not?"

"He wasn't happy that you came to his graduation party when you weren't even invited," Calvin recalled. "Plus, he finds it hard to trust you again."