Another Problem

Meanwhile, Mirabela and the brothers had just finished lunch. Pablo was on his way to the nail salon, and Mirabela and Pedro were on their way to Artsy Wonderland—and she'd told the brothers what happened this morning.

"I'm sorry that happened, jacaranda," Pedro apologized. "Holly can be very annoying when she wants to be, especially when she doesn't get what she wants."

"Well, Holly is a big girl now, and she's going to have to learn that she can't get everything she wants because that's sure to affect others in a way," Mirabela huffed.

"Es verdad," Pedro agreed. In no time, he and Mirabela entered Artsy Wonderland.

"Bueno, no importa por ahora," Mirabela shrugged. "River hasn't spoken to me since you and I reunited, so I'm hoping that means he's finally moved on."

"Que milagro," Pedro smiled. "Well, in the meantime, we'll start planning the wedding this weekend, okay?"

"Okay," Mirabela agreed.

Mr. Jackson came up to the happy couple. "Ah, Pedro, Mirabela, I heard the good news—congratulations," he smiled.

"Gracias," Pedro and Mirabela chorused.

"By the way, Mirabela, this letter was found on the fabric counter," Mr. Jackson said, handing Mirabela an envelope with her name on it.

"Gracias," Mirabela smiled. She ripped open the envelope and pulled out the letter—and when she read it, she was horrified. "¡Ay, no!"

"¿Que pasa?" Pedro asked.

Mirabela read the letter out loud:

Dear Mirabela,

Congratulations on your engagement, but you've made a very big mistake.

Unless you dump Pedro and marry River Riverson, I will burn down Artsy Wonderland. Until you agree to River's proposal, I refuse to leave you alone.

Love,

R.R.

"Ay, Dios mio," Pedro gaped.

"Don't worry, cariño," Mirabela consoled him. "I'm not going to break up with you, but I am going to find out who's responsible. I'll call my father and report this to him."

"I'll call the mall security," Mr. Jackson said.

Mirabela took out her cell phone and called her father, and Mr. Jackson summoned the mall security.

In no time, Ramiro and some other officers from the station hurried to Artsy Wonderland, and Mirabela and the other employees were giving important information.

"How do you know the letter is from someone here in Heartlake City and not Colombia?" an employee asked.

"Pedro and I only got engaged last night," Mirabela replied. "There's no way the letter could've made it to Heartlake City from Bahía de Rosa that fast."

"Plus, the envelope only had Mirabela's name—no address, no return address, and no stamp," Pedro chimed in.

"And nobody in Bahía de Rosa knows anything about River," Mirabela said.

"No te preocupes, Miraboo," Ramiro consoled his daughter. "We'll find the felon, and we'll put an end to this."

"But how will you find out who wrote the letter?" another employee asked. "It could've been from anyone."