Twelve

"Mmmm," Gray heard a soft mumble as he moved a bit. He opened his eyes due to the sunlight hitting him directly in the face. He felt a body next to him as his eyes widen.

Juvia was hugging him.

He looked down at her feeling his cheeks flush. How did they end up so close to one another. He noticed that one of his arms was under her bringing the two closer together.

"Juvia," She mumbled causing him to panick. She was going to wake up in a bit. Failing to think of anything else he pretend to be asleep as he felt her move.

"Gray-sama?" She questioned moving away from his arms. He didn't want her to leave so he pretended to face her and pull her in closer. He heard the panicked yelp as she tried to move away,

He knew she would tease him about it later but he couldn't help himself liking the warmth that her body provided. He never noticed how warm she felt—there were moments she would hug him but it was probably different now that she was in her nightgown.

A lightweight nightgown that had risen a bit up as he could feel her bare skin touching him.

"Gray-sama?" He heard her question as he felt her turn around to face him. He felt the heat of her breath while she silently touched his cheek. "Don't blame yourself please,"

He released his grip taken back from what she said. If he asked her would she tell him what she meant by that.

He felt her turn away from him.

Was Gajeel right to blame him? He had been accusing him the past week but he doesn't understand what he did to Juvia. If anything she was the one that changed all of the sudden and it threw him off completely.

"Don't cry," She mumbled under her breath.

That's all he needed to hear before he opened his eyes turning to see that she was hugging herself, "Juvia? Whats wrong," He sat up from the bed as he rubbed his eyes. She shook her head not really giving a response, "Do you feel pain anywhere?" He questioned turning her around so that she can face him. Her eyes were closed as she struggled to compose herself, "Don't cry," He whispered placing a hand on her arm.

Juvia took a few breaths trying to calm herself down, "Juvia is fine," Her voice cracked as she got up and rubbed her eyes.

"Doesn't seem like we are going to pick berries anyways," Gray mumbled as he pointed towards the window.

"Juvia didn't create it," She exclaimed shaking her head. The rain was pouring quite loudly.

"I don't know you seem upset earlier," He pointed out as he faced her. He looked at her as she seem to be to distracted to even fight back. He sighed placing a hand ontop of hers, "What's wrong?"

Juvia looked up catching his eyes,"nothing,"

Gray pulled her in for a side hug, "Its fine you can use the extra day to relax," He looked down at her as she turned red. He let go forgetting that he wasn't wearing a shirt so their skin made direct contact. He looked away before getting out of the bed, "Can you walk by yourself?" He questioned.

Juvia looked up as she shrugged, "maybe," she answered pulling herself over the edge and moving her feet. She was able to walk a bit yesterday but she kept limping after a while.

"You never told me what happened to you," he remarked crossing his arms, "Why did you fall into a coma,"

Juvia froze realizing that she had no explanation for him. How was she able to tell without mentioning the curse, "Juvia ..." She remained quiet thinking.

"Gajeel said you been sick this whole time, He mumbled feeling a bit upset that it was not him who figured it out. A part of him was always jealous on how close the two were. If it weren't Levy being in the picture he would have a hard time letting the two go on missions. As if Juvia even needs his permission. He knew he couldn't say anything because he's nothing to her.